Moe's Southwest Grill
|Industry||Fast casual restaurant|
|Founded||December 2000Atlanta, Georgia, United Statesin|
Number of locations
|Erik Hess (President)|
|Products||Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Stacks, Nachos, Burrito Bowls, White Rice with a southwest seasoning and other Southwestern fare|
Moe's Southwest Grill, referred to informally as Moe's, was founded in Atlanta, Georgia, in December 2000 by Raving Brands. According to the 2016 Harris Poll EquiTrend survey, Moe's is the "Fast Casual Mexican Restaurant of the Year", passing former top restaurant Chipotle Mexican Grill despite having fewer than half the number of locations.
The name "Moe's" originated as an acronym for "Musicians, Outlaws and Entertainers," and this theme led to the music-related artwork found in the restaurants.
The company is co-owned — with Schlotzsky's, Carvel, Cinnabon, McAlister's Deli, and Auntie Anne's brands — by Focus Brands, an affiliate of private equity firm Roark Capital Group, based in Sandy Springs, Georgia, operating over 5,000 stores.
Moe's offers various types of food on its menu, including burritos, tacos, quesadillas, nachos, salads, stacks, burrito bowls, and salsas. Ingredients can be added or subtracted from the standard entree for customization. Every order comes with chips and salsa on the side.
- "FRANCHISE: MOE'S SOUTHWEST GRILL". prnewswire. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
- FOCUS Brands press release, FOCUS Brands to Acquire Moe’s Southwest Grill, April 11, 2007
- "The Harris Poll". www.theharrispoll.com. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- "This restaurant just unseated Chipotle as the most popular Mexican chain". USA TODAY. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- "9 Things You Might Not Know About Moe's Southwest Grill". December 27, 2015.
- Focus Brands To Buy Cinnabon From AFC Enterprises. New York Times, September 9, 2004
- "Mexican & Tex Mex Food Menu: Tacos, Burritos - Moe's Menu". Moes.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill Opens First International Location in Turkey/. moessouthwestgrill.wordpress.com, Retrieved July 18, 2014
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-16. Retrieved 2012-10-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "13 Pyatnitskaya Street". Google Maps.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill to Open 50 Restaurants in Russia. moessouthwestgrill.wordpress.com, Retrieved July 18, 2014
- Matt Levin (November 24, 2012 "With Moe’s, finally a real Burrito in Costa Rica", ticotimes.net. Retrieved July 18, 2014
- Moe’s Southwest Grill Opens First Jamaican Location. moessouthwestgrill.wordpress.com, Retrieved July 18, 2014