Moglicë Hydro Power Plant
|Moglicë Hydro Power Plant|
|Opening date||2018 (est.)|
|Dam and spillways|
|Height||150 m (490 ft)|
|Length||320 m (1,050 ft)|
|Total capacity||360,000,000 m3 (290,000 acre⋅ft)|
|Surface area||7.2 km2 (2.8 sq mi)|
|Hydraulic head||300 m (980 ft)|
|Turbines||2 x 90.2 MW Francis-type|
|Installed capacity||172 MW|
|Annual generation||475 GWh est.|
Moglicë Hydro Power Plant is a large hydroelectricity plant under construction on the river Devoll situated near the village Moglicë, Albania. The project consists of a large power plant with an installed capacity of 172 MW and an average annual production of 475 GWh. It is built by Devoll Hydropower, an Albanian company owned by Norwegian power company Statkraft. The asphalt-core rock-fill dam will be 320 m long, 150 m high and 460 m wide. The dam is anticipated to be the world's highest of its kind upon completion. The reservoir will have a surface area of 7.2 km2, and a storage capacity of about 360 million m3. The power plant is part of the Devoll Hydropower Project and construction on it began in June 2013. It is expected to be completed in 2018.
- "Devoll Hydropower (DHP), Albania" (PDF). UN-CDM. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Devoll Hydropower
- "Statkraft buys EVN AG's share in Devoll hydropower project". www.hydroworld.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Devoll Hydropower | F.A.Q". www.devollhydropower.al. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Devoll Hydropower Project". Power Technology. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- "Statkraft starts construction of Devoll hydropower plants in Albania". SeeNews. 17 June 2013. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Statkraft to begin 278 MW Devoll hydropower project in Albania". www.pennenergy.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
|This article about a building or structure in Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a hydroelectric power plant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|