Kgomotso Carol Mashigo
|Other names||Black Porcelain, Carol Moshigo|
|Occupation||Novelist, writer, singer, songwriter|
|Awards||2016 University of Johannesburg Prize|
Mohale Mashigo, born Kgomotso Carol Mashigo (and also known by her stage name "Black Porcelain") is a South African award-winning singer-songwriter, novelist, and former radio presenter. Her debut novel The Yearning (Pan Macmillan, 2016) won the 2016 University of Johannesburg Prize for South African Debut Writing and has been longlisted for the International Dublin Literary Award 2018. She lives in Cape Town.
Mashigo's debut novel, The Yearning, was published by Pan Macmillan in May 2016.
It has been described as "a bewitching addition to the current South African literary boom...", a story told "with charming lucidity, disarming characterisation, subversive wisdom and subtle humour." Mashigo says she wrote it "as a story of healing primarily for myself. The entire book is about secrets and how we heal ourselves from our past."
- "Mohale Mashigo on how writing and storytelling keep her alive – The Daily Vox". The Daily Vox. 3 June 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "The Yearning". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "THE YEARNING " Pan Macmillan". panmacmillan.co.za. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- LindsayC. "Yewande Omotoso and Mohale Mashigo on International Dublin Literary Award 2018 Longlist | PEN South Africa". pensouthafrica.co.za. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "10 Questions For Cape Town-based Author Mohale Mashigo". Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- bookbuzz. "Mohale Mashigo". Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- LindsayC. "The Yearning by Mohale Mashigo | PEN South Africa". pensouthafrica.co.za. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Maneta, Rofhiwa. "The art of darkness". The M&G Online. Retrieved 20 November 2017.