17 March 1939 |
|Alma mater||University of Cairo|
|Known for||Founder of the Ghoneim Urology and Nephrology Center|
|Awards||Several National & International Awards|
|Fields||Urology, Medicine Nephrology|
|Influences||World leader in kidney transplantation, urology operations|
Member of the British and American Urology Associations
Mohamed Ahmed Ghoneim is an Egyptian Urologist.
Ghoneim is a graduate of the University of Cairo. He is one of the founders of the Ghoneim Urology and Nephrology Center for Management of Renal and Urological Disorders (a World Health Organization collaborating centre located in Mansoura, Egypt). He is a member of the International Society of Urology, and a member of both the British and the American Urology Associations. Ghoneim is a world leader in Kidney transplants; general and specialised urology operations; prostate disease; tumours of the genito-urinary system; renal stone removal; urology; endoscopic surgery; laparoscopic surgery; and the correction of congenital anomalies. He is a colleague of Professor Nils Kock, the inventor of the Kock pouch.
Gaza War Medical Relief effort
Honors and awards
Ghoneim is the recipient of the Egyptian National Scientific Award, 2001, and was a nominee for the European Urology Society annual award in 2004. He was the winner of the SIU-Félix Guyon Medal (2006). Ghoneim served as annual president of the Endourology Society in 1987.
Scientific publications and papers
- "Mohamed Ghoneim". Hindawi Online. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Mohamed A Ghoneim - research profile on Biomed Experts". Biomedexperts.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Medical Publications". NCBI. 2012-04-04. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Ghoneim Urology and Nephrology Center a WHO Collaborating Centre for Management of Renal and Urological Disorders". Who International. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- PDF Download; Gulf Daily News; Sunday, 7 November 2010; retrieved Aug 2015.
- A Tribute to Nils G. Kock, 1924–2011; Canadian Journal of Surgery; June 2012; doi: 10.1503/cjs.001212PMC; [reprint from US National Library of Medicine; National Institutes of Health]; 55(3); Pp. 153–154; accessed March 2014.
- Mohamed A Ghoneim;
- "Famous Arabic Urologists" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Sosostris, Madame (2001-12-19). "Al-Ahram Weekly". Weekly.ahram.org.eg. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Dr. Mohamed Ghoneim Nominated to Receive European Urology Society Award
- International Society of Urology; accessed Aug 2015
- "International Endourology society". Endourology.org. Retrieved 2012-05-22.