|Born||26 December 1981|
|Highest ranking||95 (June 2013)|
|Best ranking finish||Last 64 (2013 Shanghai Masters)|
Mohamed Khairy (born 26 December 1981) is a former Egyptian professional snooker player. Khairy turned professional in 2012 after having been nominated by the African Billiards and Snooker Federation, but was relegated from the tour after two seasons.
Khairy did not play in the first six ranking tournaments and all ten Players Tour Championship events due to visa problems. He lost all of his first four matches as a professional, with Khairy's season ending when he was beaten 3–10 by Tony Drago in the first round of World Championship Qualifying. He finished his first year on tour ranked world number 96.
Khairy won his first match as a professional in the Shanghai Masters qualifiers where he beat Passakorn Suwannawat 5–4. Afterwards it was announced by World Snooker that the match was being investigated due to unusual betting patterns. Khairy then defeated Rod Lawler 5–1, before being whitewashed 5–0 by Peter Lines in the penultimate round. After failing to qualify for the International Championship he didn't enter another tournament, resulting in his relegation from the main tour as he ended the season ranked 121st in the world. No charges were ever brought regarding the betting activity.
Performance and rankings timeline
|Ranking[nb 1]||[nb 2]||96|
|Australian Goldfields Open||A||LQ|
|Players Championship Grand Final[nb 3]||A||DNQ|
|Performance Table Legend|
|LQ||lost in the qualifying draw||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament
(WR = Wildcard round, RR = Round robin)
|QF||lost in the quarter-finals|
|SF||lost in the semi-finals||F||lost in the final||W||won the tournament|
|DNQ||did not qualify for the tournament||A||did not participate in the tournament||WD||withdrew from the tournament|
|NH / Not Held||means an event was not held.|
|NR / Non-Ranking Event||means an event is/was no longer a ranking event.|
|R / Ranking Event||means an event is/was a ranking event.|
|MR / Minor-Ranking Event||means an event is/was a minor-ranking event.|
- It shows the ranking at the beginning of the season.
- New players on the Main Tour don't have a ranking.
- The event was called the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals (2012/2013)
- "Issued after the Bugarian Open 2013 (ET1)" (PDF). worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. 12 June 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Career-total Statistics for Hatem Yaseen – Professional". CueTracker – Snooker Database. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "Khairy Earns Tour Place". World Snooker. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "UK PTC 2012 – Event 2 as it happened". Grove Leisure. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "World Open Qualifiers Commence". SnookerHQ. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Mohamed Khairy 2012/2013". Snooker.org. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Betfair World Championship Qualifiers". Snooker.org. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Official World Snooker Ranking List For The 2013/2014 Season" (PDF). World Snooker. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Snooker betting probe launched into two Shanghai Masters qualifiers". Metro. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "Mohamed Khairy 2013/2014". Snooker.org. Retrieved 11 August 2013.
- "World Snooker Rankings After the 2014 World Championship" (PDF). World Snooker. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Snooker betting: Shanghai Masters inquiry closes with no charges". BBC Sport. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "The Africa Snooker Championship" (PDF). Africa Snooker & Billiards Association. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Ranking History". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Official player profile of Mohamed Khairy". worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. "Tour Players" section.
- Mohamed Khairy at CueTracker: Snooker Results & Statistics Database
- Pro Snooker Blog profile