Mohamed Osman Baloola
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mohamed Osman Baloola|
Mohamed Osman Baloola – The World's 500 Most influential Arabs 2012
April 14, 1981 |
Abu Dhabi, UAE
|Fields||Engineering, biomedical engineering, diabetes|
|Institutions||Ajman University of Science and Technology|
|Alma mater||Ajman University of Science and Technology|
Mohamed Osman Baloola (Arabic: (محمد عثمان بلولة) born April 14, 1981) is a Sudanese scientist and inventor who was named among The World's 500 Most influential Arabs in 2012 and 2013 for his work on diabetes. Eng Mohamed Osman has been a Teaching Assistant of Biomedical Engineering at the Ajman University of Science and Technology since 2010. Baloola won a science and innovation award at the Arabian Business Awards 2011, in the Amrani hotel at Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Mohammad Baloola won Dh40,000 (11,000 US) during a Sharjah Television competition for his invention of a remote monitoring and control system for diabetes patients via mobile phone.
Birth and education
Mohamed Osman Baloola was born on April 14, 1981 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Baloola received a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering from Ajman University of Science and Technology in September 2009. Then he joined Ajman University as Teaching Assistant in the faculty of Engineering. He won many awards during his studies and after graduating.
Research and publications
- Mobile Phone Based Remote Monitoring and Control system For Individualized Healthcare. First AMA-IEEE Medical Technology on Individualized Healthcare, Washington DC, US.2010
- Connected Healthcare Solution Using Cell phone . ASME's 5th Frontiers in Biomedical Devices Conference & Exhibition, California, US.2010
- Automated Wireless System for Individuals Requiring Continuous Remote Care 6th World Congress on Biomechanics, in conjunction with 14th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (ICBME), Singapore .2010
- Ankabut Users Meeting January 2012.
Mohamed researches diabetes due to a family history of suffering from the disease. His father, mother and brother are diabetics and his concern for the growing number of diabetics worldwide prompted his invention. He developed a remote monitoring and control system for diabetes symptoms. He set about creating an artificial pancreas[clarification needed] and a remote system to monitor the stability of glucose levels in diabetics. The device, which can be linked to a hospital database system as well as family and friends, enables an immediate response if a medical situation arises.
Prizes and awards
- The World's 500 Most influential Arabs in 2013 in the “scientist inventor” category for his outstanding contributions in the areas of innovation, research and community service.
- The World's 500 Most influential Arabs in 2012.
- Arabian Business Achievement Awards 2011 – Science and Innovation Award.2011
- First prize in Tomohat Shabab TV program(Young Innovation Award), Sharjah TV .2011
- First place in the “Voting for the Best Project” category, 4th UAE Software Development Trade Show, Wollongong University, Dubai .2010
- Third place in the “Business Judging” category, 4th UAE Software Development Trade Show, Wollongong University, Dubai .2010
- Best Research Paper in Faculty of Engineering, The Fifth Approach Student Scientific Conference .2009
- Best Project on Biomedical Day 2008.
- Honor by the Sudanese Ambassador / Ahmed alsadeeq Abdulhai – Sudan Ambassador in UAE – On celebrations of Sudan's 56th Independence Day.2012
- Honor from Sudanese Consulate in Dubai and Sudanese Club On celebrations of Sudan's 56th Independence Day- Sudanese Club in Dubai.2012
- Honor from the higher Council for the Sudanese community in the UAE – On celebrations of Sudan's 56th Independence Day.2012
- Honor from Al Mareekh sport club On celebrations of Sudan's 56th Independence Day- Sudanese Club in Dubai.2012
- Award by Vice President of Ajman University for Commendable achievement for the year.2011
Articles on media
- Mohammad Baloola interview: Beating the bulge – Arabian Business Magazine
- Diabetes invention inches closer to development – Gulf New Newspaper
- Graduate invents winning diabetes device – Gulf New Newspaper
- Former AUST pupil in Arab elite-Gulf Today Newspaper
ِArabic article on media
- Report and Interview with Eng. Mohamed Osman Baloola in MBC in Week, MBC TV .(08:05 - 18:10)
- Report about Eng. Mohamed Osman Baloola in Alyoum , AlHurra TV (21:10-24:20)
- list of The World's 500 Most influential Arabs in 2013, Arabian Business web site – ITP Group.
- list of The World's 500 Most influential Arabs in 2012, Arabian Business web site – ITP Group.
- gulf today Newspaper, Report About Mohamed Baloola among list of the World's 500 Most influential Arabs in 2012 .
- Arabian Business Awards 2011-Science and innovation award, Arabian Business Website.
- Gulf News:Graduate invents winning diabetes device , Article about Mohamed Baloola & Sharjah TV prize .
- Ajman University of Science and Technology website, AUST Alumnus among the World's 500 Most influential Arabs.
- ، AMA-IEEE website.
- ، Presentation.
- , ASME Connected Healthcare Solution Using Cell phone osman by M.Osman.
- 6th World Congress of Biomechanics (WCB 2010). August 1–6, 2010 Singapore IFMBE Proceedings, 2010, Volume 31, Part 6, 1421–1423, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-14515-5_362 ، 6th World Congress of Biomechanics (WCB 2010), August 1–6, 2010, Singapore.
- , Presentation of Baloola on Ankabut website.
- ajman university official gets award, Uni Magazine.
- arabian business website, Mohammad Baloola interview beating bulge.
- Full report and interview with Mohamed Osman Baloola about the World's 500 Most influential Arabs in 2012, Ashooroq TV.
- Gulf News Newspaper, diabetes-invention-inches-closer-to-development.
- Khaleej Times Newspaper, Ajman university official honoured diabetes control project.
- AUST Graduate Wins Tumoohat Shabab, Ajman University website.
- AUST Students Showcase their Talent at the SD Tradeshow 2010, Ajman University Website.
- 4th UAE Software Development Trade Show, University of Wollongong in Dubai website.
- Fifth Approach Student Scientific Conference, AUST website.
- emarat alyoum newspaper, Sudan embassy in UAE award Eng. Mohamed Osman Baloola.
- akhir lahza Newspaper
- AUST Honors its Distinguished Students