This article has an unclear citation style.September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
|Speaker of the Council of Representatives|
|Assumed office |
15 September 2018
|Preceded by||Salim al-Jabouri|
|Governor of Anbar|
29 August 2017 – 14 September 2018
|Appointed by||Anbar Provincial Council|
|Preceded by||Suhaib al-Rawi|
|Succeeded by||Ali Farhan Hameed|
|Born||2 October 1982|
Al-Karmah, Anbar, Iraq
Mohammed Rikan Hadeed al-Halbousi (Arabic: محمد ريكان حديد الحلبوسي; born on 2 October 1982 in Al-Karmah, Al Anbar Governorate) is an Iraqi politician who is currently the Speaker of the Council of Representatives of Iraq since 15 September 2018. Previously he was the Governor of Al Anbar Province since 29 August 2017. He is a member of the Al-Hal alliance.
Al Halbousi won a seat in the Iraqi 2014 parliamentary elections and has been serving an MP ever since. On August 29, 2017, the "Anbar Provincial Council" voted by a majority vote to elect Mohammed Al Halbusi Anbar governor.
Al Halbusi holds a degree in Highways and Roads Engineering from Al-Mustansiriya University in Baghdad. He received a BSc. Degree in summer 2002, a year before Iraq war that was waged in March 20, 2003. Al Halbusi moved on to pursue his graduate studies at Al- Mustansiriya University where he received an Master degree in Highways and Roads Engineering in 2006. His MSc. thesis subject title was "Modeling of Pedestrian-Vehicle Conflict on Arterial Street Using the Simulation Approach".
Al Halbousi launched his own private business working as a business person. He has been owning and running Al-Hadeed Co. Ltd. for general Rebuilding projects. Al-Hadeed Company has implemented a number of infrastructure projects in Fallujah city with particular mention to the designing and implementation of the Fallujah sewage matrix. Al Halbousi remained active in his private business until he was tapped to get into the world of Iraqi politics in 2014.
- "Mohamed al-Halbusi sworn in as governor of Anbar". thebaghdadpost.com. 2017-10-05. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "Revealed: Halbusi named as Anbar's new governor". thebaghdadpost.com. 2017-08-29. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "The President of the Republic Issues a Decree on Appointing Mohammed Al Halbusi as a New Governor of Anbar". presidency.iq. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "www.rudaw.net/arabic/middleeast/iraq/2908201712". rudaw.net. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "مجلس الانبار يصوت على اختيار محمد الحلبوسي لمنصب المحافظ | سياسة". alsumaria.tv. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "خلافات حادة تشتعل بين رئيس البرلمان العراقي ومحافظ الأنبار". alkawthartv.com. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- Al-Maalomah Publisher. "مجلس الانبار يصوت بالاغلبية على محمد الحلبوسي محافظا | وكالة المعلومة". almaalomah.com. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "مجلس الانبار ينتخب النائب محمد الحلبوسي محافظا". alhurra.com. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "مرسوم جمهوري بتعيين محمد الحلبوسي محافظاً جديداً للأنبار - راديو المربد". almirbad.com. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "مجلس الأنبار يختار محمد الحلبوسي محافظا خلفا لصهيب الراوي". alghadeer.tv. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mohamed al-Halbousi.|
|This article about an Iraqi politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|