Mohammad-Javad Azari Jahromi
|Mohammad-Javad Azari Jahromi|
|Minister of Information and Communications Technology|
Assumed office |
20 August 2017
|Preceded by||Mahmoud Vaezi|
|Chairman of Telecommunication Infrastructure Company|
11 May 2016 – 20 August 2017
|Preceded by||Mahmoud Khosravi|
|Succeeded by||Farhad Maarefi (acting)|
5 October 1982|
Jahrom, Fars Province, Iran
|Alma mater||Power and Water University of Technology|
Mohammad-Javad Azari Jahromi (Persian: محمدجواد آذری جهرمی) is an Iranian engineer and network security officer who is currently serving as the Minister of Information and Communications Technology in the administration of President Hassan Rouhani. He gained vote of confidence from the parliament on 20 August 2017, with 152 yeas, 120 nays, 7 abstentions and 9 invalid votes.
Azari Jahromi held managerial positions in the Ministry of Intelligence from 2002 to 2009. From 2009 to 2014, he served as general manager of the communications systems security department at the Communication Regulatory Authority. He then became ex-officio vice minister of information and communications technology, in his capacity as the chairman of Telecommunications Infrastructure Company. Jahrami was also a non-executive member of the board of directors at RighTel between 2014 and 2016.
- طی حکمی از سوی دکتر محمود واعظی: مهندس محمد جواد آذری جهرمی به سمت معاون وزیر، رییس هیات مدیره و مدیر عامل شرکت ارتباطات زیرساخت منصوب شد
- "Hassan Rouhani's cabinet is complete. Here's the full list", Tehran Times, 8 August 2017, retrieved 8 August 2017
- "فیلم: صحبتهای بدون تعارف با جوانترین وزیر". 26 August 2017.
- "Proposed ICT Minister Promises More, Better Internet", Financial Tribune, 16 August 2017, retrieved 20 August 2017
- "Almost All Ministers Proposed by Rouhani Receive Vote of Confidence", Iran Front Page, 20 August 2017, retrieved 20 August 2017
|This article about an Iranian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|