Muhammad Ali Jinnah Road aka MA Jinnah Road(Urdu: شاہراہ محمد على جناح) is a road located in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. Originally known as Bunder (or Bandar) Road (meaning "Port Road"), it is one of the city's oldest and most important, running through the city to the docks. It was later renamed in honor of Pakistan's founder, Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Numerous landmarks are sited along this road, including the Merewether Clock Tower, Karachi Municipal Corporation Building, Shri Swaminarayan Mandir temple, and the Mazar-e-Quaid (Jinnah Mausoleum).
- ^ Ali, Imtiaz, ed. (1 December 2015). "Two Military Police officials shot dead in Karachi". Dawn. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- ^ Nandita Bhavnani, "Kalachi, Kurrachee, Karachi: biography of a metropolis.", Marg, A Magazine of the Arts, September 1, 2008 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- ^ Steve Inskeep (25 September 2012). Instant City: Life and Death in Karachi. Penguin Publishing Group. pp. 43 and passim. ISBN 978-0-14-312216-6.
- ^ Akhtar Balouch, "The unwashed Bandar Road", Dawn, September 16, 2015.
- ^ Nandita Bhavnani, " City on the edge", The Hindu, March 14, 2004.