|Born||September 24, 1978|
|Genres||Persian traditional music, Classic|
He has started learning singing & also playing Ney as self-taught since adolescence. He has studied "Film Directing" as his major in University. However, he has been singing and training since adolescence by listening to the works of maestros of Persian singing. Since 1997, he started learning singing style of Seyed Hossein Taherzadeh. Due to his interest in Esfahan school of singing, he learned this school of singing by practicing the songs of its maestros such as Taj Esfahani & Adib Khansari and has benefitted from guidance of esteemed masters such as the late Dr. Hossein Omoumi & Aliasghar Shahzeidi" in this regard.
He has a very vast resume ranging from working with the great Maestros of Iranian music such as Alexander Rahbari, Mohammadreza Lotfi, Hossein Alizadeh, Majid Derakhshani, Farhad Fakhreddini , etc. as well as working with international figures and many performances in prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall, Theatre de la ville, Muziekgebouw Amsterdam, etc. Recently, he collaborated with Roger Waters in an album by Trio Jobran called "The Long March".
He has been able to create his own dialect and original style of singing and therefore, currently he is regarded as the most characterful singer while being among the few best traditional singers.
Radio France prize winner - 2013
Ocora is a French record label specializing in field recordings of world music and each year release an album by the winner of the France Musique world music prize. The 2013 winner was the Iranian singer Mohammad Motamedi. A perfect exponent of Persian classical singing from Iran's younger generation, Motamedi finds his inspiration in his love of classic Persian poetry. Accompanied by kamancheh fiddle, tar lute, ney flute and the daf and tombak drums, the singing of Motamedi takes this subtle ancient tradition to new heights. The recordings of the album (Mohammad Motamedi & Chant classique) were made in Tehran in November–December 2013
- Boodan Va Soroudan (Majid Derakhshani & Khorshid Ensembl (Sun Ensembl)-2006
- Sufi (Mohammad Motamedi, Sina Jahanabadi & Hossein Rezaeinia)-2007
- Ashoora Opera(Behzad Abdi & Behrouz Gharibpour )-2008
- Vatanam Iran (Mohammad Reza Lotfi & Hamnavazan-e Sheida (Sheyda Ensembl)-2008
- Video Album of Dashti Concert– Vatanam Iran (Mohammad Reza Lotfi & Sheida Threefold Groups)-2008
- In Memory Of Aref Ghazvini (Aref Ghazvini & Mohammad Reza Lotfi)-2009
- Ey Asheghan (Mohammad Reza Lotfi & Banovan-e Sheida (Sheida Women's Ensemble)-2009
- Rumi Opera (Behzad Abdi & Behrouz Gharibpour)-2009
- Video Album of Chavosh Concert - Iran Ey Saraye Omid (Mohammad Reza Lotfi & Hamnavazan-e Sheida (Sheyda Ensembl) -2009
- Saye- e Jan (Mohammad Reza Lotfi & Sheyda Ensembl)-2010
- So Long Goodbye (Ali Ghamsari)-2010
- Gahi Segahi (Pouya Saraei )-2011
- Overwhelmed By Mist (Arash kamvar )-2012
- Mohammad Motamedi & Chant Classique (Radio France)-2013
- Badeh Toei (Hossein Alizadeh & Hamavayan Ensemble)-2014
- In The Distance a Call (Mehdi Teimoori )-2015
- Pass (Ali Gamsari )-2015
- Eshghim Gal (Azari)-(Hossein Alizadeh & Hamavayan Ensemble)-2015
- The Long March (with Trio Jobran and Roger Waters)-2018
- Rumi Opera (Behzad Abdi & Behrouz Gharibpour-2009)
- Mohammad Motamedi & Chant Classique-2014
- The Long March (with Trio Jobran and Roger Waters)-2018
Rumi Award- 2018
- Extemporization concert in theatre of Paris
- Concert in historical Palace of Versailles
- Concert at The Festival Of China-Shanghai-2005
- Concert in Rasa theatre – Otrowkht, Trophen Theatre – Amsterdam (Poland)
- Concert in Music Conservator Rome-Italy
- Participation in International Festival of Sufi Music in Karachi – Pakistan
- Participation in International Festival of Magham in Azerbaijan
- Concert in Headquarters of UNESCO paris – Paris
- Participation in Morgan Land Festival – Osnabruck – Germany
- Qasida Concert: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi - Iran & Flamenco
- Rumi Ensemble & Mohammad Motamedi European Tour 2013
- Concert with Raz Music Ensemble (Honor of Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī) at Konya, Turkey December 2015
- Qasida Concert: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi at Bozar - Brussels March 2016
- Qasida Concert: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi at Cleveland Museum of Arts, Cleveland OH March 2016
- Qasida Concert: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi at Zankel Hall - Carnegie Hall, New York March 2016
- Qasida Concert: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi at Lisner Auditorium, Washington DC March 2016
- Qasida Concert: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi at Berklee Performance Center, Boston MA March 2016
- Concert at Garonne Theater, Toulouse France April 2016
- Concert at Odeon Theater, Nîmes France April 2016
- Music of Iran
- Persian Symphonic Music
- List Of Iranian Musicians
- Mohammad Reza Lotfi
- National Iranian Symphony Orchestra
- Shahram Nazeri
- Hossein Alizadeh
- Mohammad-Reza Shajarian
- Kayhan Kalhor
- "Iran: Chant Classique". Spotify. 2014-07-08.
- "Vatanam Iran". mohammadmotamedi.com.
- "Molavi Opera".
- "Mohammad Motamedi And Iran Chant Classique". Spotify.
- "French music award goes to Iran artist". Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- "LES PRIX DE BABEL / PRIZES OF BABEL".
- "MORE THAN NOTES". Region Plus. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- "Qasida: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi".
- "Rumi Ensemble & Mohammad Motamedi European Tour 2013".
- "Qasida: Rosario La Tremendita & Mohammad Motamedi". BOZAR. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- mmckay. "Qasida". Cleveland Museum of Art. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Rosario Guerrero". www.carnegiehall.org. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "FLAMENCO FESTIVAL". lisner.gwu.edu. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "ROSARIO "LA TREMENDITA" & MOHAMMAD MOTAMEDI: QASIDA". worldmusic.org. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Mohammad Motamedi". théâtre Garonne. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Mohammad Motamedi - Théâtre de Nîmes". Théâtre de Nîmes (in French). Retrieved 2016-04-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mohammad Motamedi.|