Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh
Khanzadeh with Iran in 2018
|Full name||Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh Darabi|
|Date of birth||20 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Tehran, Iran|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Zob Ahan (loan)||15||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 June 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24 December 2018
Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh (Persian: محمدرضا خانزاده; born 20 January 1992) is an Iranian footballer who plays for Iranian club Tractor as a defender. He is also last played in the Iran national football team.
In 2009 Khanzadeh joined the Rah Ahan first team. Under the guidance of Ali Daei, Khanzadeh broke into the first team lineup late on in the season. He played in nine games, starting in eight and receiving two yellow cards.
He signed a three-years contract with Persepolis on 2 June 2012. He made his debut for The Reds on 16 September 2012 while he used as a substitute against Naft Tehran. After playing good games for his side, fans called him Persepolis' Raphaël Varane.
Loan to Zob Ahan
Return to Persepolis
Khanzadeh returned to Persepolis before the start of 2014–15 season after spending six months at Zob Ahan. On 22 April 2015 Khanzadeh and several team-mates were involved in an altercation with a Persepolis fan in Doha after Persepolis' 3–0 loss to Lekhwiya in the 2015 AFC Champions League. On 28 April 2015 the Iranian Football Disciplinary Committee banned Khanzadeh from competing in any competitive matches in Iran for nine months, but he was allowed to continue to train with Persepolis.
Foolad & Siah Jamegan
Khanzadeh joined to Foolad before the start of 2015–16 season and after a season was sold to Siah Jamegan.
Khanzadeh signed a two-years contract with Padideh before the start of 2017–18. He scored 4 goals during his first season on the team.
He was called up by Carlos Queiroz for the Team Meli training camp in Turkey and the match against Albania in May 2012; however, he did not play in the match. He was selected in Iran's 30-man provisional squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup by Carlos Queiroz. He was a stand-by player for Team Melli in the tournament. Khanzadeh was not selected in Iran's final squad for 2015 AFC Asian Cup. However, he was subsequently named as the replacement for the injured Hashem Beikzadeh. In May 2018 he was named in Iran's preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- As of 9 June 2019
|Rah Ahan||Pro League||2009–10||0||0||0||0||—||0||0|
|Al Ahli||Stars League||2018–19||13||0||0||0||—||13||0|
- Statistics accurate as of match played 24 December 2018.
- Scores and results list Iran's goal tally first.
|1.||17 March 2018||Azadi Stadium, Tehran, Iran||Sierra Leone||1–0||4–0||Friendly|
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- Khanzadeh joins Persepolis Archived 4 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- First Game Persepolis Archived 18 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Khanzadeh Loan to Zob Ahan Archived 2 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "خانزاده 9 ماه از حضور در فوتبال ایران محروم شد". www.varzesh3.com.
- "بازیکنان اعزامی تیم ملی امید به اینچئون مشخص شد". ffiri.ir. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- persianfootball.com[permanent dead link]
- "Team Melli final 30 given to FIFA". Persian Football. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- Khanzadeh replaces injured Beikzadeh in Iran's Asian Cup squad
- "World Cup 2018: All the confirmed squads for this summer's finals in Russia".[dead link]
- "World Cup 2018: Iran head coach Carlos Queiroz names final squad". BBC Sport. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh at National-Football-Teams.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh.|