|Born||7 May 2000|
Mohammad Samad was born in Roorkee, Uttarakhand. His parents run a grocery shop in Roorkee. He has one elder brother and four elder sisters. He did his schooling from St. Gabriel's Academy, Roorkee.
His first breakthrough performance was in the movie Gattu where he played the titular lead role Gattu for which he won the Best Child Actor Award at the 12th New York Indian Film Festival. He has acted in films like Haraamkhor and Tumbbad. In 2018, he played the lead role in the web series Selection Day on Netflix. In the 2019 film Chhichhore, he played the role of the teenage son of the lead actors Sushant Singh Rajput and Shraddha Kapoor.
|2018||Selection Day (TV series)||Manju Kumar||Hindi||Netflix|
- jha, subhash k (2018-11-27). "Tumbbad actor Mohammad Samad bags Netflix's Selection Day". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "All you want to know about #MohammadSamad". FilmiBeat. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Neta-log said I should be an actor: Mohammad Samad - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Young stars of Netflix's Selection Day meet Sachin Tendulkar. See pics". www.hindustantimes.com. 2018-12-17. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- Hungama, Bollywood (2018-11-29). "Tumbbad's phenomenal teenage actor Mohammad Samad bags main lead in Netflix series". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Netflix's next Indian original, Selection Day, is based on Aravind Adiga's book". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Netflix's 'Selection Day' Cast on Cricket and Making It in B'Wood". The Quint. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Selection Day premiere: Janhvi Kapoor, Anil Kapoor and others in attendance". The Indian Express. 2018-12-18. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- "Mohammad Samad". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-09-06.