Mohammed Ahmed (athlete)
- For others named Muhammad Ahmed, see the Muhammad Ahmed navigation page
Ahmed at the 2016 Olympics
January 5, 1991 |
|Residence||St. Catharines, Ontario|
|Height||182 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||56 kg (123 lb)|
|Sport||Track, Long-distance running|
|Event(s)||5000 meters, 10,000 meters|
|College team||University of Wisconsin–Madison|
|Coached by||Mick Byrne|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||5000 meters: 13:01.74
10,000 meters: 27:30.00
Before college, Mohammed Ahmed was the Canadian Junior 5000 m champion on four occasions, and twice finished in the top 10 at World Junior Championships (4th in 2010, 9th in 2008), to go along with 2 Canadian senior titles in the event. Ahmed's resume also includes a Pan American Junior title.
Ahmed attended the St. Catharines Collegiate and Ahmed attended University of Wisconsin-Madison until he graduated in the summer of 2014. During his time at college he amassed 11 NCAA All-American awards in track and cross country and an Olympic berth in the 10,000 m at the 2012 London Olympic Games. At the 2013 World Championships in Moscow, Mohammed clocked the best time over 10,000 m in Canadian history with his 9th-place finish, almost equaling his lifetime best in the process with a 27:35.76 result.
- "Mohammed Ahmed profile". IAAF. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "Mohammed Ahmed". olympic.ca. Canadian Olympic Committee. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Baggot, Andy (July 18, 2012). "Olympics: Badgers' Mohammed Ahmed to race against his idols in London".
- All-Athletics. "Profile of Mohammed Ahmed".
- "Mohammed Ahmed". panam.cbc.ca. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved July 24, 2015.
- Top-10 finish for Mo: Ahmed shines on international stage. University of Wisconsin-Madison Badgers (August 10, 2013)
- RunnerSpace. "2016 Prefontaine Classic Results".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mohammed Ahmed.|