Mohamed Al-Mady (2009)
|Known for||CEO of SABIC|
|Awards||Petrochemical Heritage Award|
|Institutions||Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)|
He is a chemical engineer, who joined SABIC at its inception in 1976. He earned his BSc at the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1973, and his MSc in chemical engineering from the University of Wyoming in 1975.
Nowadays he is in charge of the Arabian Military Industry. He was called to take this position in February, 2015.
Before his appointment as Vice Chairman and CEO in 1998, he served as SABIC's General Director of Projects.
Al-Mady is also the Chairman of the Saudi Arabian Fertilizer Company (SAFCO), as well as being a member of the SABIC Research and Technology Executive Committee and SABIC Europe BV's Executive Board. He sits on the board of Aluminium Bahrain (ALBA) and on the US-Saudi Business Council, and heads the Saudi side of the Saudi-Taiwanese Joint Committee for Economic and Technical Cooperation.
In July 2007, Al-Mady was recognized as an Honorary Fellow of the London Business School. The award was made at the School's annual Summer Congregation ceremony for graduates and award recipients in London, UK. In 2009, he was awarded the international Petrochemical Heritage Award.
He is #34 on the Arabian Business list, as of 2009, having previously been #12.
- "Mohamed H. Al-Mady". Chemistry that matters. Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC). Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Mohammed Bin Hamad Al-Mady". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Shaikh, Habib (26 July 2007). "London Business School honours Sabic CEO". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Sabic's Al-Mady Receives Petrochemical Heritage Award". IHS Chemical Week. March 31, 2009. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Petrochemical Heritage Award". Science History Institute. Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "Power 100-Mohamed Al Mady". Arabian Business.com. 24 March 2009. Retrieved 1 December 2014.