|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Birth name||Syed Mohammed Aziz-un-Nabi|
|Also known as||Munna|
|Born||2 July 1954 (age 61)
Kolkata, West Bengal
His nickname is Munna and his real name is Syed Mohammed Aziz-un-Nabi. Being an ardent lover of music and Mohammed Rafi, he started singing from childhood.
Aziz started out his musical career as a singer in the restaurant Ghalib in Kolkata. He got a break when the music director Anu Malik got him to sing the song Mard Taangewala for the movie Mard, starring Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan. People thought it was a Shabbir Kumar's song and the song became a hit and Aziz became a popular singer, and was patronised by leading music directors including Kalyanji-Anandji, Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Rahul Dev Burman, Naushad, O. P. Nayyar, Bappi Lahiri, Rajesh Roshan, Usha Khanna, Anand-Milind, Nadeem-Shravan, Jatin Lalit, Anu Malik, Anand Raj Anand and Aadesh Shrivastava.
Aziz is busy in the Oriya film industry. He has sung several Oriya bhajans, private albums, and Oriya film songs since 1985. Some of his Oriya bhajans (Lord Jagannath's Bhajans) are famous. He has performed stage shows in India and abroad, and has been nominated twice for best male playback singer award. Mohd. Aziz was very close to Laxmikant Pyarelal; After Laxmi-Pyare, his career went down and other music directors took to other singers such as Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan.
At his peak, he was considered an heir to Mohd. Rafi. He is one of the rare singers who can sing at the 7th note (saatwan sur) - example being his song, "Saare Shikawe Gile Bhulaa Ke Kaho". Laxmi-Pyare recognized his potential very early and repeated him in a lot of their movies.
He has done playback singing for famous actors such as Amitabh Bachchcan, Govinda, Rishi Kapoor, Mithun chakraborty and several others.
- Na Fankar Tujhsa Tere Baad Aaya, Mohammed Rafi Tu Bahut Yaad Aaya (1990 Kroadh, Laxmikant Pyarelal and Anand Bakshi)
- Tu Mujhe Kaboool, Mein Tujhe Kabool (Khudah Gawa)
- Tu bhee bekarar, Mein bi bekaraar (Waqt Ki Awaz)
- Mein teri mohabbat mein pagal ho jaaungaa (Tridev)
- Aye Watan Tere Liye Karma (1986 film) 1986, Music by Laxmikant-Pyarelal
- Lal Duppata Malmal ka 1989, Music by Anand-Milind
- Aayee Milan Ki Raat 1991, Music by Anand-Milind
- Laila Ko Bhool Jayenge Saugandh (1991), Music by Anand-Milind
- Kab Tak Chup Rahungi - 1988.
- Mohabbat Ki Hai Humne
- Aaja Ke Meri Jaan Ko (1988)
- Mere Malik Mere Data (1990)
- Insaan Kitna Gir Gaya (1991)
- Meri Hasrat 1
- Shadi Se Pehle Mujhko Nahin Chuma
- Makhdoom Shah Baba (1990)
- Bhakat Hai Vo Bada
- Meri Hasrat 2
- Yeh Pandrah Solah Satra (1990)
- Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh
- Pyara Ghar Hamaara
- Aaja Ranjhan Yara Aaja (1988)
- Pani Khoon Nahin Banta
- Kaal Bhairavji Mangal Kari
- Sawan ke jhulo ne mujhko bulaya
- Ishqe Di Dor Na Toote (1988)
- Insaan Bnanewale (2001)
- Khatron Ke Khiladi (Sad)(2001)
- Chhathi Maharani
- Mujhko Pina Hey Pine Do
- Shuru Shuru Ki Ye Mulaqaten
- Apni Aankhon Ke Sitaron Mein(1991)
- Aap Ke Aa Jane Se (Khudgarz-1987)
- Aaj Kal Yaad Kuch Aur Rahta Nahin (Nagina-1986)
- Jab Se Hui Hai Mohabbat (Khooni Raat-1991)
- Bali umar ne mera haal wo kiya (Aawargi-1990)
- Admi Khilona he(1993)
- Duniya Mein Kitna Gam Hai(AMRIT 1986)