Mohammed Rafi (footballer)
|Full name||Madambillath Mohammed Rafi|
|Date of birth||24 May 1982|
|Place of birth||Trikaripur, Kasaragod, Kerala, India|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2014||→ Atletico de Kolkata (loan)||10||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:27, 14 February 2016 (UTC).
Mohammed Rafi (Malayalam:മുഹമ്മദ് റഫി) (born 24 May 1982) is an Indian professional footballer from Trikaripur in Kasaragod district of Kerala state, who currently plays for Chennaiyin FC as a striker in the Indian Super League.
Mohammed Rafi came through the ranks of SBT which had distinction of fielding not only all-Indian but also all-Malayali squad. SBT was promoted to first division of National Football League in 2004 and in that season he scored 4 goals and came into limelight. Unfortunately, SBT got relegated but he was roped in by Mahindra United for the next season.
In 09-10 I-league, he finished the season with record 14 goals, which is best ever for an Indian striker, he was also adjudged Mahindra United's player of the year.
On 24 November 2013 it was announced that Rafi has signed for Mumbai on loan from IMG Reliance with three other players Khelemba Singh, N.P. Pradeep and Peter Costa. He made his debut on 2 December 2013 against East Bengal F.C. at the Balewadi Sports Complex in which he played the whole match as Mumbai won the match 3-2.
After having a good season with Kerala Blasters in the 2015 Indian Super League season, Rafi joined DSK Shivajians, which gained a place in the league through bidding a direct entry slot, for the 2015-16 I-League season.
Indian Super League
Rafi was signed by Kerala Blasters FC for the second season of Indian Super League. He scored on his debut, the second goal of the match against North East United and also set up Sanchez Watt's goal.
He was again signed by Kerala Blasters FC for the Third Season of Indian Super League (ISL), which is expected to kick start on 1 October 2016.
Mohammed Rafi became the third Indian to score a goal in the ISL final 2016, following Mohammed Rafique for Atletico de Kolkata in 2014, and Thongkhosiem Haokip for FC Goa in 2015
|1||14 November 2010||Al-Wahda Stadium, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E||Kuwait||1–7||1-9||Friendly|
- Atlético de Kolkata
- "I League: Rafi is Mahindra United’s Player Of The Season | Kerala football news". web.archive.org. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Mumbai FC sign four IMG-Reliance contracted players on loan". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Mumbai vs. East Bengal 3-2". Soccerway. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "ISL - Indian Super League | Atlético de Kolkata". web.archive.org. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "ISL - Indian Super League | Kerala Blasters FC". web.archive.org. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Indian football team suffer humiliating 1-9 defeat to Kuwait | Zee News". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- Mohammed Rafi at Goal.com