|This article does not cite any sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mohammed Yahya (also known as Mohammed Yahya Jan)-(March 20, 1901 – March 4, 1990) was primarily an Educationist, serving as the founder and first head master of the Islamia High School Peshawar, the Education Minister of the N.W.F.P. and director Special Education and Princley States.
Early life and education
After matriculation and a bachelor's degree from Edwardes College Peshawar, Mohammed Yahya went on to Aligarh University, where he completed his MPhil in Philosophy specializing in the works of Nietzsche.
Professional life and politics
After returning to Peshawar in 1934, he was approached by a group of leading Muslims from Peshawar City to set up a High School for Muslim students. Till that time the Khalsa school (Located near Dakki Nal Bandi) was the only school within the city. After consultations with the Head master of the Khalsa School and with other notables of Peshawar, he successfully launched the Islamia High School in Peshawar city and became its first head master. In the 1946 Elections Yahya contested as a Congress Candidate against Sardar Abdul Rab Nishtar and defeated him with a heavy margin of approx 8,000 votes. He subsequently became The Minister of Education of the North West Frontier Province in Dr. Khan Sahibs 2nd Ministry. During his short stint as Education Minister (Partition of the Sub Continent in 1947 led to the dissolution of the Assembly) he put forward the proposal for Peshawar University to be established.
In the 1960s he was the Director for Special Education, Tribal Area's and Princely States.
- Abdur Rehman (Abdur Rehman Peshawri) (An associate of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and Turkey's Ambassador to Afghanistan in the 1930s)
- Haji Mohammed Amin. Lala Amin's son was Hassan Amin. Two of his notable sons are Taimur Hassan,a golf champion of Pakistan and Tariq Amin the successful Stylist.
- Mohammad Yunus (A member of the Indian Foreign Service, the founder of "Pragati Maidan" in New Delhi. He was a close friend and advisor to the Gandhi family)
- Abdul Aziz Head of the all India Muslim League till Jinnah's return https://openlibrary.org/works/OL1172534W/The_crescent_in_the_Land_of_the_Rising_Sun
- Mohammed Omer (He was issueless)
- Mohammed Naeem had 2 sons(1) Mohammed Naseem F/O Tariq Naseem Jan(2) Mohammed Usman F/O Riaz Usman
Mohammad Saleem Jan ( Saleem Jan) (Saleem Yahya) was born in Peshawar, North-West Frontier Province in 1947. After matriculation from mission high school Peshawar and a bachelor's degree from Edwardes College Peshawar, Mohammad Saleem Jan went to Peshawar University to study for his MA in Economics. While studying at University, he was offered a job at Grindlays Bank, which he accepted. Saleem Jan’s tenure as a Banker lasted more than 37 years. Having started his career with Grindlays Bank in 1968, he served in Bahrain, New York, the UAE and the UK. In 1987 he joined the Middle East Bank in Dubai as their Chief Manager Credit and Marketing. In 1991 he returned to Pakistan and helped set up Union Bank Ltd and served as its CEO and President till 1999. He was appointed the CEO and Managing Director of The Bank of Punjab in March 2000, which he served until May 2003. His final assignment was as the CEO of the ‘Rehman Medical Institute’ in Peshawar. On 25 November 2011, a press conference at his residence, Mohammad Saleem Jan announced his joining the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf of Imran Khan. other children include three daughters,namely Naheed Raheem,Roeeda Kabir and Dr. Shahida