4 September 1945
Banglore, Karnataka, India
|Occupation||Indian Film Actor, Television and Theater actor|
Joshi later on got various roles in Hindi and Marathi films. His 1993 comedy film Sawat Majhi Ladki was quite successful. Joshi played the lead role of a doctor husband of actress Neena Kulkarni and who is engaged in an extra-marital affair with his junior doctor played by Varsha Usgaonkar. For his work in Tu Tithe Mee (1998), Joshi's work was appreciated. Produced by Smita Talwalkar and directed by Sanjay Surkar, the film was adjudged as the Best Feature Film in Marathi at the 46th National Film Awards. In their official citation, the jury noted Joshi's and his co-star Suhas Joshi's works by quoting "Beautiful performance by Mohan Joshi and Suhas Joshi are the highlights of the film." He won his only National Film Awards till now for 1999 Marathi film Gharabaher as a Special Mention (Feature Film) "for his wonderfully controlled performance of a corrupt politician." at 47th National Film Awards. In 2009, he played the lead role of Gadge Maharaj, a social reformer and saint from Maharashtra, in the film Debu.
Joshi also played various character and side roles in Hindi films and is known for his portrayal of negative roles. For the role of Tirpat Singh in the Hindi film Mrityudand (1997), Joshi received the Screen Award for Best Villain. His villainous role of Sadhu Yadav in the 2003 Hindi film Gangaajal directed by Prakash Jha was appreciated. This socio-political film was based on the Bhagalpur blindings that happened in 1980. He has also worked in Bhojpuri films.
He married to Ms.Jyoti. .
|1983||Ek Dav Bhutacha||Marathi|
|1991||Balidaan||Sadanand 'Master' Kulkarni||Marathi|
|????||Hach Sunbaicha Bhau||Marathi|
|????||Ek Gadi Baki Anadi||Marathi|
|1993||Sawat Majhi Ladki||Marathi|
|1993||Jaagruti||Om Prakash Sharma||Hindi|
|1995||The Gambler (1995 film)||Karianna||Hindi|
|1996||Bhishma (1996 film)||Rana Saheb||Hindi|
|1998||Major Saab||Parshuram Bihari||Hindi|
|1998||Tu Tithe Mee||Marathi|
|1998||Vinashak – Destroyer||A.C.P. Amar||Hindi|
|1999||Vaastav||Babbanrao Kadam (Home Minister)||Hindi|
|1999||Haseena Maan Jaayegi||Prem Nath||Hindi|
|1999||Hogi Pyaar Ki Jeet||Thakur Gajendra Singh||Hindi|
|1999||Daag: The Fire||Purshotam Jalan||Hindi|
|2000||Beti No. 1||Raghuveer Yadav||Hindi|
|2003||Khanjar: The Knife||Kumar||Hindi|
|2003||Baghban||Khuber Desai, Hotel Owner||Hindi|
|2003||Zameen||Senior Army Officer||Hindi|
|2003||Not Only Mrs. Raut||Advocate Dada Vishnu Dandavate||Marathi|
|2004||Garv: Pride and Honour||Advocate Kulkarni||Hindi|
|2006||Yanda Kartavya Aahe||Manager Phatak||Marathi|
|2009||Be Dune Saade Char||Anant Kitturkar||Marathi|
|2012||Dum Asel Tar||Marathi|
|2014||Love U Crazy Girl||Hindi|
|2015||Deool Band||Swami Samarth||Marathi|
|2015||The Justice and the Bastards (announced)||Hindi|
|2017||Yun Hi (filming)||Hindi|
|Abhi To Mein Jawan Hu||Sony|
|2009||Agnihotra||Chintamani Agnihotri||Marathi||Star Pravah|
|2010-2011||Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein||Nityanand Tiwari||Hindi||STAR One|
|2012||Eka Lagnachi Dusri Goshta||Shripad Kale||Marathi||Zee Marathi|
|2012–2014||Gunda Purush Dev||Mahendra Deshmukh(Anna)||Marathi||ETV Marathi|
|2013–Nov. 2014||Eka Laganachi Tisari Gost||Dattaram Bhau||Marathi||Zee Marathi|
|03-August-2015||Chala Hawa Yevu Dya||Guest||Marathi||Zee Marathi|
|28-March-2016||"Kahe Diya Pardes"||Madhusudhan Sawant||Marathi||Zee Marathi|
- Kuryat Sada Tingalam
- Me Revati Deshpande
- Kalam 302
- Gadvach Lagna
- Nati Goti
- 47th National Film Awards (1999) - Special Mention (Feature Film) - Gharabaher - "for his wonderfully controlled performance of a corrupt politician."
- Paranjpe, Shailendra (25 December 2012). "Anand Abhyankar was an ever-smiling man". DNA. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "46th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "47th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- Gumaste, Sukirt D. (7 September 2009). "A common desire". Pune: DNA. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Hattangadi, Sandip. "डेबू - संत गाडगे महाराजांची जीवनगाथा" (in Marathi). Marathi Movie World. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Mritydand -- The Death Sentence (1997)". Rediff.com. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Joshi, Namrata (8 September 2003). "Gangaajal". Outlook India. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Mathur, Barkha (14 November 2008). "'I enjoy working in Bhojpuri films'". Times of India. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Small is Big? Ask Mohan Joshi!". Times of India. 21 March 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Mohan Joshi quits as president of Marathi theatre". Mumbai: Mid Day. 7 May 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Kalewar, Sulakshana (25 September 2005). "Behind the scenes". The Economic Times. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- K, Sanjay (2009). "अग्निदिव्यः नियतीचा लपंडाव" (in Marathi). Marathi Movie World. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "'मोकळा श्वास' च्या एमपी-३ चे राज-शर्मिला यांच्या हस्ते शानदार प्रकाशन." (in Marathi). Marathi Movie World. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Maheshwri, Neha (18 March 2011). "Mohan Joshi replaced!". Times of India. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "'भैरोबा' कौटुंबिक विनोदी मालिका साम वाहिनीवर" (in Marathi). Marathi Movie World. 23 February 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2013.