|• MLA||Chedi Paswan|
|Elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|• Official||Bhojpuri, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mohania is a city in Kaimur district in the Indian state of Bihar. It serves as headquarters for the Mohania sub-division in Kaimur district. It is 17 km by road north of the city of Bhabua, at the intersection of National Highway 2 and State Highway 14. National Highway 30 originates from Mohania.
Mohania is the hub of transport routes in Kaimur district. The famous temple Mundeshawari Devi is situated in Kaimur district. In the south, there is a river called Durgauti.
Geography and climate
Mohania has an average elevation of 76 metres (249 feet). Mohania is divided into wards. Here is the ancient famous Satti Devi mandir near railway station, White Hanuman mandir. Hanuman mandir is the biggest temple at station road. Here is a beautiful stadium near M.P. College. In the south, there is a river called Durgauti. Mohania is the hub of transport routes in Kaimur district. The famous temple Mundeshawari Devi is situated in Kaimur district. The route for this temple goes through Mohania. Public Transport or hired vehicles are available for the temple Mundeshwari Devi from Railway Station (Bhabua Road) or Bus stand on NH-2.
Mohania experiences a humid subtropical climate with large variations between summer and winter temperatures. The temperature ranges between 22 and 46 °C (72 and 115 °F) in the summers. Winters in Mohania see very large diurnal variations, with warm days and downright cold nights. The dry summer starts in April and lasts until June, followed by the monsoon season from July to October. Cold waves from the Himalayan region cause temperatures to dip across the city in the winter from December to February and temperatures below 5 °C (41 °F) are not uncommon. Fog is common in the winters, while hot dry winds, called loo, blow in the summers. The average annual rainfall is 1,110 mm (44 in).
|Climate data for Mohania|
|Average high °C (°F)||23
|Average low °C (°F)||18.7
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||20.2
Mohania had a population of 30,507. Males constituted 54% of the population and females 46%. Mohania had an average literacy rate of 86%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 91% of the males and 59% of females being literate. In 2001 in Mohania, 16% of the population was under 6 years of age.
The mother tongue of people in Mohania and other adjoining areas is Bhojpuri.
Mohania is well connected by air, rail and road with the major Indian cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Indore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Jaipur, Patna, Jamshedpur, Secunderabad etc. It is 776 km from Delhi. It is 1240 km from Secunderabad. One of the major factors in Mohania's sustained existence as an inhabited city is its role as an established transportation hub between different cities.
The town is 180 km from Patna and 60 km from Varanasi by road.
It is subdivisional town in Kaimur district. The district headquarters, Bhabua, is 14 km southward from the railway station.
- National Highway 2 (G.T. Road) crosses through the heart of the city.
- National Highway 30 originates from this city and connect with the capital Patna via Arrah.
- There are also a few State Highways in the city (SH-14). Mohania is connected to Bauxar via Ramgarh from the south and with Bhabua (district capital, Audhaura, Bhagwanpur) from the south.
The name of the railway station of Mohania is Bhabua Road railway station, situated on Howrah–Gaya–Mughalsarai–New Delhi Grand Cord line.
The station code is "BBU".
|Train Number||Train Name||Origin||Destination||Frequency (inbound/outbound)|
|12801/02||Purushottam Express||New Delhi||Puri||Daily|
|12397/98||Mahabodhi Express||New Delhi||Gaya||Daily|
|12381/82||Poorva Exp||New Delhi||Hawrah JN||3 days|
|12818/17||Jharkhand Express||New Delhi||Hatia||3 days|
|13009/10||Doon Exp||Dehradoon||Hawrah JN||Daily|
|13151/52||Sealdah Exp||Jammu Tawi||Kolkata||Daily|
|12875/76||Neelanchal Exp||New Delhi||Puri||3 days|
|15109/10||BudhPurnima Exp||Varanasi Jn||Rajgir||Daily|
|19305/06||Dikshabhumi Exp||Indore Jn||Hawrah||-|
|12321/22||Hwh Mumbai Mail||Hawrah Jn||Mumbai Cst||-|
|12941/42||Adi Asansol Exp||Bhavnagar Trmus||Asansol Jn||-|
|12307/08||Hwh Ju Express||Hawrah Jn||Jodhpur Jn||-|
|12877/78||Rnc Garib Rath||Ranchi||New Delhi||-|
|18631/32||Rnc Garibnwaz Ex||Ranchi||Ajmer Jn||-|
|12389||Gaya Ms Express||Gaya||Chennai Egmore||-|
|13307/08||Gangasutlej Exp||Dhanbad Jn||Firozpur Cant||-|
|18611/12||Rnc Bsb Express||Varanasi Jn||Ranchi||-|
|18311/12||Bsb Sbp Express||Varanasi Jn||Sambalpur||-|
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, Varanasi, commonly known as Babatpur Airport, is the nearest airport, 71 km from Mohania. All the major domestic Indian carriers, including Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, Spicejet, and international carriers like Air India, Mihin Lanka, Thai Airways International, Korean Air and Naaz Airlines, operate from here. The Airport handled more than 5.50 lakh passengers per year.
- Maharana Pratap College
- Maharana Pratap B.Ed College
- Mahila College, Darwa
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Darwa (Chaurasia, Ramgarh Road)
- Sharda Brajraj High School (government), Station Road
- Santi Balika High School (government), Station Road
- D.A.V School, Ratwar, Mohania
- Primary Teacher Training College
- R.B.S. School, Durga Paraw
- Point Education, Railway Crossing
- Navdeep Academy, Darwa
- Urdu School, Sabji Mandi
- Urdu School, Railway Crossing, Sabji Mandi
- Jyoti Niketan School, GT Road NH 2 (Petrol Pump East)
- Mother Sakuntala School, GT Road NH 2
- Adarsh School, Darwa
- Sanskrit School (government), Court Road (Baouli Pond, Kachahari)
- S.P.P.S. School, Station Road
- T.P.S. School
- Manas Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Near Bus Stand
- Khushi Kids Play School, Shiv Pur Colony, Mohania, Kaimur
- Bachpan Kids Play School, G.T. Road, Mohania
- Vishwanath Inter College, Mujan
- Indian Public School, Shivpur Colony,RT Road
- A.K.I. Vidyalaya
- Secondary School Bhokhari
- Krishna Play School, Shivpur Colony, G.t Road
- Government Primary School Anantpur,(mohania)
- Bachpan Play School. Near Bihar Mill ; Mohania Kaimur .
- Khushi Computer Institute of Higher Education, G. T. Road, Mohania
- TEDAP (Trust for Edupreneurship Development and promotion)
- Ranjanguru Institute of Information Technology
- Mahawir swet Mandir (Hanuman), Chandani Chowk
- Mahawir swet Mandir (Hanuman), Station Road
- Sati Mandir, Station Road
- Kali Mandir, Near D.A.V. School
- Sahid Baba, near NH 30, GT road
- Mosque -1, Sabji Madi
- Mosque -2, Sabji Madi Railway crossing
- Mosque-3 Noori shahi masjid Barkat nagar
- "Today’s forecasts and Hourly forecasts for Mohania, BR, Bihar, IN, India". The Weather Channel. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "BBU/Bhabua Road (4 PFs) Railway Station - Today's Train Arrival Timings". India Rail Info. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Welcome to the Official Website of Kaimur". kaimur.bih.nic.in. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional). Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.