From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||439311|
A post office was established at Mohawk in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1955.
Mohawk is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Mohawk, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Richman, George J. (1916). History of Hancock County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. Wm. Mitchell Printing Company. p. 569.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 224. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
The name is for the Mohawk tribe.
- "Hancock County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
|This Hancock County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|