|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||9430 Guelph Line
|Owned by||Woodbine Entertainment Group|
|Date opened||April 26, 1963|
|Course type||Flat Thoroughbred/Harness|
|Notable races||Spring: Youthful Pacing Series, Mohawk Pacing Series, Princess Pacing Series
Fall: Campbellville Trot, Milton Stakes and Harvest Stakes
Mohawk Racetrack is a harness racing track in Campbellville, Ontario. It is owned by the Woodbine Entertainment Group, formerly the Ontario Jockey Club, and is about 30 km west of the company's other racetrack, Woodbine Racetrack in Toronto. Mohawk also has a large slot machine parlour, operated by OLG; some of the revenue from this operation is used to increase the horseracing purses.
The track itself is ⅞ mile in circumference (originally ⅝ mile), and is made of crushed limestone. It can accommodate ten starters behind the gate. The homestretch is 1,095 feet long, and the far turn has a larger radius than the clubhouse turn to encourage acceleration into the homestretch. There is no hubrail.
Most of the major harness racing stakes events have been moved from Woodbine to Mohawk as of 2007. These races include-
- North America Cup, which carries a purse of C$1,000,000 and is Canada's richest race. Mohawk hosted the event for the first time in 2007 and was won by Tell All.
- Metro Pace, which is for 2-year-old pacing colts and geldings. It is the richest harness race for 2-year-olds.
- Canadian Trotting Classic for 3-year-old colt and gelding trotters
- She's A Great Lady Stakes for 2-year-old pacing fillies
- Maple Leaf Trot for Free For All (4-year-olds and older of either sex) trotters
- Canadian Pacing Derby for Free For All pacers
- Fan Hanover Stakes for 3-year-old filly pacers
- Elegantimage Stakes for 3-year-old filly trotters
- Oakville Stakes for 2-year-old filly trotters
- William Wellwood Memorial Trot for 2-year-old colt and gelding trotters.
- Mohawk has hosted the Breeders Crown several times in the past with the most recent edition being the 2008 older division events.