Mohd Shahar Abdullah
Mohd Shahar Abdullah
|محمد شاهر عبدﷲ|
|2020–||Deputy Minister of Finance|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
Mohd Shahar bin Abdullah
6 December 1980
Paya Besar, Pahang, Malaysia
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN) |
Perikatan Nasional (PN) (allied)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
|Alma mater||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (DipEng, BEng, MEng)|
Mohd Shahar bin Abdullah (Jawi: محمد شاهر بن عبدﷲ; born 7 December 1980) is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Deputy Minister of Finance I in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and Minister Tengku Zafrul Aziz since August 2021. He served as Deputy Minister of Finance II in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and Minister Tengku Zafrul Aziz from March 2020 to August 2021 and the Member of Parliament (MP) for Paya Besar since May 2018. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), a component party of the Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition which is aligned with the PN coalition.
Shahar was also appointed the Youth Information Chief of UMNO after being elected in 2018.
|2018||P084 Paya Besar||Mohd Shahar Abdullah (UMNO)||19,033||43.16%||Mohamad Azhar Mohd Noor (PAS)||13,291||30.14%||44,942||5,742||81.51%|
|Mohd Ashraf Mustaqim Badrul Munir (PPBM)||11,776||26.70%|
Honours of Malaysia
- "Guru, anak murid tekad jaga Paya Besar". Abdul Razak Raaff, T N Alagesh, Amin Ridzuan Ishak, Raja Norain Hidayah Abd Aziz, Mohd Azim Fitri Abd Aziz, Asrol Awang (in Malay). Berita Harian. 26 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Senarai penuh kabinet Muhyiddin" (in Malay). Malaysiakini. 9 March 2020. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE – 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Hamzah, Saifuddin dahului senarai penerima darjah, pingat Pahang". Malaysiakini. 14 December 2021. Retrieved 14 December 2021.