Mohd Shahar Abdullah
|محمد شاهر عبدﷲ|
|Deputy Minister of Finance I|
30 August 2021 – 24 November 2022
Serving with Yamani Hafez Musa (Deputy Minister of Finance II)
|Prime Minister||Ismail Sabri Yaakob|
|Minister||Tengku Zafrul Aziz|
|Preceded by||Abdul Rahim Bakri|
|Succeeded by||Ahmad Maslan|
|Deputy Minister of Finance II|
10 March 2020 – 16 August 2021
Serving with Abdul Rahim Bakri (Deputy Minister of Finance I)
|Prime Minister||Muhyiddin Yassin|
|Minister||Tengku Zafrul Aziz|
|Preceded by||Amiruddin Hamzah |
(Deputy Minister of Finance)
|Succeeded by||Yamani Hafez Musa|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Paya Besar
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Abdul Manan Ismail |
|Majority||5,742 (2018) |
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
Mohd Shahar bin Abdullah
6 December 1980
Paya Besar, Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN) |
Perikatan Nasional (PN) (aligned: 2020-2022)
Muafakat Nasional (MN)
Pakatan Harapan (PH) (aligned: since 2022)
|Alma mater||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (DipEng, BEng, MEng)|
Mohd Shahar bin Abdullah (Jawi: محمد شاهر بن عبدﷲ; born 6 December 1980) is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Paya Besar since May 2018. He served as the Deputy Minister of Finance I in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under former Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and former Minister Tengku Zafrul Aziz from August 2021 to the collapse of the BN administration in November 2022 and the Deputy Minister of Finance II in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and former Minister Tengku Zafrul from March 2020 to the collapse of BN administration in August 2021. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), a component party of the BN coalition.
Shahar was also appointed the Youth Information Chief of UMNO after being elected in 2018.
In 2018, he contested for UMNO Youth Chief but lost to Dato Dr Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki. In July 2018, he was appointed as UMNO Youth Communication Chief by Asyraf Wajdi.
|2018||P084 Paya Besar||Mohd Shahar Abdullah (UMNO)||19,033||43.16%||Mohamad Azhar Mohd Noor (PAS)||13,291||30.14%||44,942||5,742||81.51%|
|Mohd Ashraf Mustaqim Badrul Munir (BERSATU)||11,776||26.70%|
|2022||Mohd Shahar Abdullah (UMNO)||26,899||43.40%||Aireroshairi Roslan (PAS)||25,582||41.27%||61,983||1,317||77.73%|
|Ahmad Azam Mohd Salleh (AMANAH)||9,192||14.83%|
|Rosaminhar Mohd Amin (PEJUANG)||310||0.50%|
Honours of Malaysia
- "MOHD SHAHAR ABDULLAH". Sinar Harian.
- "Mohd Shahar Abdullah". Politikus.
- "Guru, anak murid tekad jaga Paya Besar". Abdul Razak Raaff, T N Alagesh, Amin Ridzuan Ishak, Raja Norain Hidayah Abd Aziz, Mohd Azim Fitri Abd Aziz, Asrol Awang (in Malay). Berita Harian. 26 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Senarai penuh kabinet Muhyiddin" (in Malay). Malaysiakini. 9 March 2020. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE – 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Hamzah, Saifuddin dahului senarai penerima darjah, pingat Pahang". Malaysiakini. 14 December 2021. Retrieved 14 December 2021.