Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir
Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir
محمد انوار بن محمد طاهر
|Deputy Minister of Works|
|Assumed office |
|Prime Minister||Mahathir Mohamad|
|Preceded by||Rosnah Shirlin|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Nasrudin Hassan|
Mohd Anuar bin Mohd Tahir
1952 (age 66–67)
Beseri, Perlis, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia).
|Political party||AMANAH (2015–present)|
UMNO (until 1998)
|Spouse(s)||Azizah Che Mat|
|Alma mater||MARA Institute of Technology|
Morehead State University
Haji Mohd Anuar bin Mohd Tahir (Jawi: محمد انوار بن محمد طاهر) is a Malaysian politician from the National Trust Party (AMANAH), a component party of the Alliance of Hope or Pakatan Harapan (PH). He is the incumbent Member of Parliament for Temerloh constituency in the state of Pahang. He is currently serving as an incumbent Deputy Minister of Works for the Malaysian government.
Mohd Anuar was born in 1952 at Beseri, Perlis, received his early education at Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Beseri. He studied and graduated his Bachelor's degree in Business Administration at MARA Institute of Technology (ITM). He later obtained his Master degree in Sociology at Morehead State University, United States (1985-1986).
Mohd Anuar was a United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) before quits following dismissal of Anwar Ibrahim from the party in 1998. He was then appointed as the first secretary general of People's Justice Party (KeADILan) in 1999, but somehow he shifted by joining Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) in 2003 and was selected as a Central Working Committee member of PAS.
However Mohd Anuar was one of the progressive PAS leaders were ousted at the 2015 PAS leadership election that led them to launch the new splinter party, AMANAH with Mohd Anuar as its first secretary general.
Mohd Anuar made his debut contesting in the 1999 general election as a KeADILan candidate the parliamentary seat of Padang Besar, Perlis. He also contested before the Perlis State Legislative Assembly seats of Beseri in the 2004 general election, Bintong in the 2008 general election and Santan in the 2013 general election representing PAS. But he lost in all his attempts until he contested and won in the 2018 general election the parliamentery seat of Temerloh in Pahang as a AMANAH candidate.
|2004||N2 Beseri, P1 Padang Besar.||Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir (PAS)||1,621||31.04%||Zahidi Zainul Abidin (UMNO)||3,492||66.87%||5,222||1,871||78.59%|
|2008||N6 Bintong, P2 Kangar.||Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir (PAS)||2,772||36.22%||Md Isa Sabu (UMNO)||4,882||63.78%||7,864||2,110||83.78%|
|2013||N5 Santan, P1 Padang Besar.||Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir (PAS)||3,125||42.61%||Sabry Ahmad (UMNO)||4,209||57.39%||7,449||1,084||88.63%|
|1999||P1 Padang Besar, Perlis.||Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir (KeADILan)||9,867||40.68%||Azmi Khalid (UMNO)||14,386||59.32%||25,347||4,519||78.04%|
|2018||P88 Temerloh, Pahang.||Mohd Anuar Mohd Tahir (AMANAH)||23,998||39.31%||Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin (UMNO)||22,094||36.19%||62,204||1,904||82.85%|
|Md Jusoh Darus (PAS)||14,734||24.13%|
|Mohd Khaidir Ahmad (IND)||178||0.29%|
|Muhd Fakhrudin Abu Hanipah (IND)||46||0.08%|
- "Anuar Tahir:behind setting up Pkr,Amanah". Bernama. 2 July 2018. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Anuar Tahir, tulang belakang di sebalik penubuhan PKR dan Amanah" (in Malay). Bernama. 2 July 2018. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- Jennifer Gomez (13 July 2015). "'Purged' PAS leaders launch splinter movement". The Malaysian Insider. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Ram Anand (31 August 2015). "GHB to take over dormant Workers Party". The Malaysian Insider. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- FMT Reporters (31 August 2015). "Seven rebel MPs ditch PAS for breakaway GHB". Free Malaysia Today. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Rahmah Ghazali (31 August 2015). "GHB announces setting up of Parti Amanah Negara". The Star Online. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "GHB ambil alih Parti Pekerja Malaysia". Berita Harian. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Adrian Lai (31 August 2015). "GHB to form new Islamic party under existing political vehicle". New Straits Times. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Khairunnisa Kasnoon (31 August 2015). "Parti Amanah Negara jadi wadah politik GHB". Astro Awani. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|