Mohd Nizar Zakaria
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mohd Nizar Zakaria|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Parit, Perak
|Preceded by||Nasaruddin Hashim (UMNO–BN)|
|Succeeded by||Mohd Zaim Abu Hasan (UMNO–BN)|
|Born||Mohd Nizar bin Zakaria
3 January 1969
|Political party||UMNO–Barisan Nasional|
Nizar was elected to Parliament in the 2008 election for the UMNO held seat of Parit. In June 2010, he was a passenger on the MV Rachel Corrie when it was seized by the Israel Defense Forces while attempting to deliver supplies to Gaza.
|2013||Mohd Nizar Zakaria (UMNO)||7,691||60.70%||Najihatussalehah Ahmad (PAS)||4,728||37.31%||12,671||2,963||84.40%|
|2008||Mohd Nizar Zakaria (UMNO)||12,399||56.55%||Najihatussalehah Ahmad (PAS)||9,526||43.45%||22,598||2,873||78.30%|
- "Mohd Nizar bin Zakaria, Y.B. Tuan" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 14 April 2010. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 21 August 2008. Retrieved 5 January 2010.
- Johnson, Larry (5 June 2010). "Aid ship Rachel Corrie seized by Israel, passengers 'unharmed'". Seattle Post. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- "GE13: Medical doctors and PhD holders contest for seats in Perak". The Star. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum 13 Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri 2013". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|