Mohd Nizar Zakaria
|محمد نزار بن زكريا|
|Member of the |
Perak State Executive Council
(Islamic Education, Attitude Development, Co-operatives and Entrepreneur Development :
18 May 2013–12 May 2014)
(Islamic Affairs, Education and Attitude Development :
12 May 2014–12 May 2018)
18 May 2013 – 12 May 2018
|Monarchs||Azlan Shah |
|Menteri Besar||Zambry Abdul Kadir|
|Preceded by||Zambry Abdul Kadir |
(Islamic Education and Attitude Development)
(Co-operatives and Entrepreneur Development)
|Succeeded by||Asmuni Awi |
(Islamic Affairs and Education)
Wong May Ing
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
9 May 2018 – 19 November 2022
|Preceded by||Mohd Zaim Abu Hassan |
|Succeeded by||Muhammad Ismi Mat Taib |
8 March 2008 – 5 May 2013
|Preceded by||Nasarudin Hashim |
|Succeeded by||Mohd Zaim Abu Hasan |
|Member of the Perak State Legislative Assembly|
5 May 2013 – 9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Mohd Zaim Abu Hasan |
|Succeeded by||Khairudin Abu Hanipah |
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|Faction represented in Perak State Legislative Assembly|
Mohd Nizar bin Zakaria
3 January 1969
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN)|
Dato' Mohd Nizar bin Zakaria (Jawi: محمد نزار بن زكريا; born 3 January 1969) is a Malaysian politician who served as Member of the Perak State Executive Council (EXCO) in the Barisan Nasional (BN) state administration under former Menteri Besar Zambry Abdul Kadir from May 2013 to the collapse of the BN state administration in May 2018, Member of Parliament (MP) for Parit from March 2008 to May 2013 and again from May 2018 to November 2022 and Member of the Perak State Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Belanja from May 2013 to May 2018. He is a member of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), a component party in of the BN coalition.
Nizar was elected to Parliament in the 2008 Malaysian general election for the UMNO held seat of Parit. In June 2010, he was a passenger on the MV Rachel Corrie when it was seized by the Israel Defense Forces while attempting to deliver supplies to Gaza.
|2013||Belanja||Mohd Nizar Zakaria (UMNO)||7,691||60.70%||Najihatussalehah Ahmad (PAS)||4,728||37.31%||12,671||2,963||84.40%|
|2008||Parit||Mohd Nizar Zakaria (UMNO)||12,399||56.55%||Najihatussalehah Ahmad (PAS)||9,526||43.45%||22,598||2,873||78.30%|
|2018||Mohd Nizar Zakaria (UMNO)||14,035||48.41%||Najihatussalehah Ahmad (PAS)||7,715||26.61%||29,547||6,320||82.28%|
|Ahmad Tarmizi Mohd Jam (AMANAH)||7,240||24.97%|
|2022||Mohd Nizar Zakaria (UMNO)||15,026||40.02%||Nurthaqaffah Nordin (AMANAH)||5,063||13.49%||37,545||2,155||78.36%|
|Muhammad Ismi Mar Taib (PAS)||17,181||45.76%|
|Faizol Fadzli Mohamed (PEJUANG)||275||0.73%|
- "Mohd Nizar bin Zakaria, Y.B. Tuan" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 14 April 2010. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 21 August 2008. Retrieved 5 January 2010.
- Johnson, Larry (5 June 2010). "Aid ship Rachel Corrie seized by Israel, passengers 'unharmed'". Seattle Post. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- "GE13: Medical doctors and PhD holders contest for seats in Perak". The Star. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum 13 Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri 2013". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.