Mohd Rashid Hasnon
Mohd Rashid bin Hasnon
داتو حاجي محمد راشد
|Deputy Speaker of Dewan Rakyat|
|Assumed office |
16 July 2018
Serving with Nga Kor Ming
|Speaker||Mohamad Ariff Md Yusof|
|Preceded by||Ronald Kiandee|
Ismail Mohamed Said
|Deputy Chief Minister I of Penang|
9 May 2013 – 9 May 2018
|Governor||Abdul Rahman Abbas|
|Chief Minister||Lim Guan Eng|
|Preceded by||Mansor Othman|
|Succeeded by||Ahmad Zakiyuddin Abdul Rahman|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Batu Pahat
|Assumed office |
10 May 2018
|Preceded by||Mohd Idris Jusi (PKR – PH)|
|Member of the Penang State Legislative Assembly|
for Pantai Jerejak
5 May 2013 – 9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Sim Tze Tzin (PKR – PR)|
|Succeeded by||Saifuddin Nasution Ismail (PKR – PH)|
Mohd Rashid bin Hasnon
2 January 1960
Muar, Johor, Malaysia
|Political party||People's Justice Party (PKR)|
|Pakatan Rakyat (PR)|
Pakatan Harapan (PH)
|Spouse(s)||Nor Azizah Haron|
|Education||Royal Military College|
|Alma mater||University of Sheffield, National University of Malaysia|
Dato' Haji Mohd Rashid bin Hasnon (Jawi: داتو حاجي محمد راشد; born 2 January 1960) is a Malaysian politician from the Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR), a component of Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition. He is the incumbent Member of Parliament for the Batu Pahat constituency in the state of Johor since 2018, as well as a current Deputy Speaker of the Parliament.
Rashid was also the former Deputy Chief Minister I of Penang, Malaysia serving from 2013 to 2018.
Early years, education and career
Rashid Hasnon was born in Muar, Johor Bahru to Hasnon and Tek. He was educated in Muar High School and later went to Royal Military College, Sungai Besi. He completed his A-Levels in Southampton Technical College, United Kingdom. He obtained a degree in BSc. Control Engineering at the University of Sheffield, UK. He obtained his Master in Business Administration (MBA) at National University of Malaysia. Rashid began his first job at National Corporation (PERNAS) in 1984. He held the position as the head of planning department in Motorola in 1987. He became the chairman of Personal Managers Group which manages all company that is governed under Free Industrial Zone (FTZ) at Bayan Lepas in 2006. He married Datin' Hajah Nor Azizah bt Haron in 1982 and has 5 children.
Rashid became the chairman of GERAK Penang in 1999. In 2001, he held a position as PKR National Treasurer. He is one of the founding members of PKR in Penang and is currently serving as vice-chairman of Penang State PKR, the opposition party then in Malaysia.
He was elected as Penang State Legislative Assemblyman for Pantai Jerejak in 2013 election with a bigger majority vote than his predecessor and was appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister I of Penang. He was sworn into the position which was assigned to PKR since Pakatan Rakyat took over Penang on 9 May 2013 to succeed Dr. Mansor Othman. Rashid was also the Penang State Executive Council Member of the portfolio of Industrial Development & International Trade, Entrepreneurial Development, Corporative and Community Relation. He was also the deputy-chairman of Perbadanan Bekalan Air Pulau Pinang (PBAPP) board of directors.
International assistance mission
Rashid had joined the team of volunteers to Aceh and Meulaboh to help victims of tsunami in 2004. In 2009, he led a mission to help Muslims who are fasting in Cambodia and Southeast Asian countries.In addition, as Chairman of the International JIM national level,he did not miss out on a relief mission in Gaza (2011) with a Malaysian non-governmental organization, Islamic Organisations Consultative Council (PIM), among the earliest mission to bring aid to Gaza after the Mavi Marmara incident.
|2013||N36 Pantai Jerejak, P52 Bayan Baru||Mohd Rashid Hasnon (PKR)||11,805||63.94%||Wong Mun Hoe (Gerakan)||6,451||34.94%||18,464||5,354||85.60%|
|2018||P150 Batu Pahat, Johor||Mohd Rashid Hasnon (PKR)||45,929||55.18%|
|Halizah Abdullah (UMNO)||28,035||33.68%||83,234||17,894||84.46%|
|Mahfodz Mohamed (PAS)||8,173||9.82%|
- "Questions linger over choice of Rashid Hasnon as Penang DCM (I)". The Edge. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Penang exco 2.0' sworn in, newcomer Rashid and Ramasamy made DCMs". The Edge. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Rashid Hasnon". Bloomberg. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 19 April 2013. Results only available from the 2004 election (GE11).
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Pandikar Amin heads honour roll". The Star. 26 August 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mohd Rashid Hasnon.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|