Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin
|Yang Berhormat Dato' Sri Haji
Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin
|Wisma Sri Pahang, Tingkat 7|
30 Nov 1999
|Member of the Pahang State Legislative Assembly
|Born||Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin
25 July 1962
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation|
Mohd Sharkar bin Shamsudin (born 25 July 1962) is a Malaysian politician and the Pahang State Legislative Assemblyman of Lanchang from Nov 1999 to present. He is also a Deputy Chairman United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) of Pahang.
He contested and won the Pahang State Legislative Assembly seat in Lanchang during the 1999 general election. He was elected as UMNO Division Chief of Temerloh in 2008.
He was born and raised in Temerloh, Mohd Sharkar completed his secondary in Technical Institute Kuantan in 1979. He continued his Form Six before he furthered his study in the USA. He graduated from Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana, where he received a Bachelor's Science Degree in Business Administration in 1986. In June 2013, he was appointed as Chairman of Pahang State Tourism and Culture Committee.
Mohd Sharkar is married to Mustakizah Sulaiman and has four children.
- UMNO Club of California Deputy Chairman (1989-1991)
- UMNO Youth Mentakab Division Deputy Chief (1993-1995)
- UMNO Mentakab Division Chief Information (1993-1995)
- UMNO Youth Malaysia Secretary Executive (1993-1996)
- UMNO Youth Mentakab Division Chief (1995-2001)
- UMNO Youth Pahang Chief Information (1998-2000)
- UMNO Temerloh/Mentakab Division Deputy Chief (2001-2008)
- UMNO Pahang Chief Information (2000-2009)
- UMNO Pahang Deputy Chairman (2009–present)
. UMNO Supreme Council ( 2013-present)
State Assembly of Pahang:
Year 1999 (N.27)
Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin (UMNO) 6,971 Barisan Nasional
Abu Kassim Manaf (PAS) 4,332 Opposition
Year 2004 (N.31)
Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin (UMNO) 8,320 Barisan Nasional
Hasssanuddin Salim (PAS) 3,254 Opposition
Year 2008 (N.31)
Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin (UMNO) 8,010 Barisan Nasional
Ahmad Saim Abu Bakar (PKR) 5,871 Pakatan Rakyat
Year 2013 (N.31)
Mohd Sharkar Shamsudin (UMNO) 10,393 Barisan Nasional
Ahmad Nizam Hamid(PKR) 9,266 Pakatan Rakyat
- "Pahang may fund programmes conducted by varsities". The Star. 9 July 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2012.