Mohi-ud-Din Islamic Medical College
|Motto||To Serve The Ailing Humanity|
|Principal||Brig. (R) Prof. Dr. Ahmad Khan|
|Director||Maj. Gen. (R) Dr. Waqar Ahmed|
|Location||Mirpur, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan|
|Affiliations||MIU, PMDC, CPSP, HEC|
Mohi-ud-Din Islamic Medical College has recently been established in Mirpur, Azad Jammu & Kashmir. The college is built with the funding and efforts of several dedicated people especially British Kashmiris benefactors. Sheikh Allama Allau-ud-Din Siddiqui is considered as the founder of medical college. He is a world-renowned scholar and chancellor of Mohi-ud-Din Islamic University. He is also the chairman of Al-Ehya Trust, which is engaged in accommodating and educating orphaned and deprived children in Pakistan. The college is named after his father Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din Ghaznavi. The college started its first MBBS class on 27 April 2009 (late session of 2008).The college charges an exorbitant fee which is around one million. Due to this illegal fee hike, in january 2018, one of the students emailed the fee challan to Supreme Court and PMDC. The action against college is yet to be taken.
The college is located in the south-east of famous Mangla Dam in Mirpur, Azad Jammu & Kashmir. The college is located in the Industrial Area, 5 km from down town. Mirpur city is situated in the south-east of Islamabad at 2 hours’ drive and linked with G.T. road at Dina at a distance of 25 km. The total area covered by the college is 3.5 lac square feet.
List of Teaching Departments:
- Anatomy Department The department houses a cold storage facility to preserve cadavers.
- Biochemistry Department
- Physiology Department
- Pathology Department
- Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics The department has its own animal house for research and investigation purposes.
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Medical Education
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Behavioral Sciences
Newly constructed Mohiuddin Teaching Hospital and Muhammadi Teaching Hospital are attached to MIMC as teaching hospitals.
List of Clinical Departments:
- Internal Medicine (Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Dermatology, Psychiatry)
- Surgery (Anesthesiology, Radiology, Traumatology, General Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Urology)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pathology (Clinical Laboratory)
Mohi-ud-Din Islamic Medical College is recognized by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and approved by Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan. The PMDC has allowed the college to enroll 100 students per year. College is listed in FAIMER International Medical Education Directory. The college has been listed in the AVICENNA Directory (Now WHO World Directory of Medical Schools) for medicine.
- Separate hostels for boys and girls.
- Separate hostel for faculty.
- Separate libraries with Internet facility.
- Self Learning Resource Center equipped with computers and Internet.
- Indoor games facilities.
- Basketball court.
- Football and cricket ground.
- Separate cafeterias for boys and girls.
- Transport service for day scholars and boarders.
The college has the capacity to admit 100 students annually from Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Pakistan and abroad. The admission on all seats is based on merit without distinction of caste, creed, gender or place of origin or domicile.
Foreign Students may also seek admission in the college on their reserved seats. The medium of instructions is English. A foreign candidate is therefore required to submit a certificate from head of institution last attended to effect that he/she can read, write and speak English fluently and that medium of instructions was English. There are 20 seats for International Students.
PMDC issued notices to nine medical colleges including Mohi-ud-Din Islamic Medical College to have their own 150 bed hospitals by December 2012. Otherwise they would be stopped from new admissions in 2013. Recently, seven medical colleges including MIMC are barred from taking new admissions because they were unable to have the minimum required teaching staff required for a PMDC recognized medical college.
- "Mohi-ud-Din Islamic Medical College is the first Medical College of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, both in public and private sector". Mohi-ud-Din Islamic Medical College Website. Archived from the original on December 14, 2011. Retrieved December 4, 2011.
- "Shaykh Allau-ud-din Siddiqui is the founder of medical college". The Noor TV Website. Archived from the original on October 18, 2012. Retrieved October 20, 2012.
- "Mohi-ud-Din Islamic Medical College is listed in FAIMER International Medical Education Directory". International Medical Education Directory – FAIMER Website. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- "WHO World Directory of Medical Schools".
- The News International Website (June 1, 2012). "PMDC issues notices to 9 medical, dental colleges". Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Failure to meet PMDC criteria: 7 colleges barred from taking students". DAWN. June 23, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2013.