Mohinder Pratap Chand
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Mohinder Pratap Chand|
|Birth name||Mohinder Pratap Narang|
|Origin||Karor Lal Esan, Layyah District, British India|
|Occupation(s)||Urdu poet, librarian|
Mohinder Pratap Chand is an Urdu writer and poet of India who has promoted Urdu language and literature in India. In Kurukshetra University (India), he initiated the Bazm-e-Adab (a literary body) and introduced the study of Urdu in the University Curriculum where he taught Urdu as Teacher In-charge for 26 years. He is the author of over one dozen Urdu and Hindi books, both in poetry and prose, including children's literature in Urdu.
- Harf-e-Raaz, Harf-e-Aashna and Aazar-e-Gham-e-Ishq (Anthologies of Urdu poems)
- Zakhm Aarzoo-on ke (Anthology of Urdu poems in Devnagri script)
- Urdu Text Book (Prescribed since 1986 in the school curriculum of 7th grade students of the Haryana state, India)
- ali Panipati ki Ghazlen (Devnagri script), Ed. 
- Laava (A long Urdu poem by Qais Jalandhari'), Ed. 
- Colon Classification: a programmed text (2 Editions in English and one in Hindi) – English ; – Hindi 
- Desh Videsh Ki Kahaniyan(in Hindi), Doodh Ka Mulaya (in Hindi), Doodh ki Qimat (in Urdu) – Folktales of the world;
- 'Ujalon Ke Safeer' (a collection of research and critical articles)
Awards and honors
– Honored by 'Adabi Sangam' (Kurukshetra, 1986) and 'Akhil Bharti Tarun Sangam' (Kurukshetra, 1997) for his overall contribution to Urdu and Hindi literature.
– Conferred with the prestigious 'SMH Burney Award' by Haryana Urdu Akademi (1995) for his overall contribution to the promotion of Urdu language and literature
– Honored with 'Naseem-e-Layyah Award' (2004) by the International Bazm-e-Ilm-o-fun, Layyah, Pakistan, for his contribution to Urdu Language and learning
– Conferred with 'Khwaja Altaf Hussain Hali Award' (2006) by the Haryana Waqf Board for promoting the cause of Urdu in the state of Haryana
– Honored with the Title of 'Mahtab-e-Sukhan' (2006) by Navrang Adabi Idara, Ludhiana, Punjab
– Conferred with the 'Bharat Excellence Award' for the year 2009 by the Friendship Forum of India, New Delhi, for his overall contribution to the fields of Education & Literature.
– Conferred with 'Abr Seemabi Award' for the year 2010, by Sahitya Sabha, Kaithal, Haryana, India, for his overall achievements in Urdu Language & Literature.