Bhandari was one of the first to perform robotic bariatric surgery in India. He is also the first in India to perform single anastomosis duodenal-ileal switch. Bhandari is also the youngest surgeon to perform 3500+ bariatric surgeries as well as 250+ robotic surgeries. He performs surgeries through his surgery center, Mohak Bariatrics and Robotics.
Bhandari has performed notable surgeries that have gained national and international attention. In 2012, Bhandari performed the first documented obesity surgery in Asia, operating on an Asian women weighing 350 kg. He also performed bariatric surgery on a 6-year-old boy in 2013, the youngest person on record to receive such surgery in India. Bhandari entered the Limca Book of Records in 2015 by performing 25 bariatric surgeries in an 11-hour period, performing the feat with the help of a 40 person team. The previous record was held by Atul Peter who performed 16 surgeries in a 12-hour period.Dr. Mohit Bhandari successfully operated a Mauritian "Dharamveer" weighing 410 kg at Mohak Bariatrics and Robotics, Indore.
Bhandari is married to his college friend Shilpa Bhagdikar, a gynaecologist and an IVF expert.
- Sharma, Rajesh; Kela, Manoj; Khare, Yashasvi; Mishra, Arun; Bhandari, Mohit (2015). "Comparative analysis of LSG versus LRYGBP bariatric surgery in management of morbid obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in terms of percentage weight loss and T2DM resolution". International Surgery Journal: 641. doi:10.18203/2349-2902.isj20151094.
- Banzal, Subodh; Singhai, Abhishek; Bhandari, Mohit; Sharma, Padmnabh; Jha, Rajesh Kumar; Manoria, Piyush (2013). "Efficacy of Bariatric Surgery in Obese Indian with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus". Journal of Evolution of medical and Dental Sciences. 2 (2): 119. doi:10.14260/jemds/230.
- Bhandari, Mohit; Bhandari, Shilpa; Mishra, Arun; Mathur, Winni; Dixit, Atul (2015). "Comparison Between Banded and Nonbanded Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass with 2-Year Follow-Up: A Preliminary Retrospective Analysis". Obesity Surgery. 26 (1): 213–8. doi:10.1007/s11695-015-1929-7. PMID 26482162.
- Fobi, Mathias A. L.; Bhandari, Mohit (2016). "Laparoscopic Banded Gastric Bypass Surgery". Obesity, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery: 447. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-04343-2_46. ISBN 978-3-319-04342-5.
- Dhorepatil, Shirhari (6 January 2015). "Evolution of bariatric and metabolic surgery in India (1999-2014)". Journal of Obesity and Metabolic Research. 2 (1): 37–39. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Country's Highest Volume Robotic Bariatric Center at Indore now". Times of India. 31 July 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "350 kg woman undergoes weight-loss surgery in Indore". The Times of India. 12 August 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Bariatric surgery performed on six-year-old boy in Indore". Decan Herald. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Surgeon breaks record with 25 surgeries in 11 hours". Hindustan Times. 24 October 2015. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Indore: 410kg man goes under scalpel, loses 30kg in a month". February 10, 2018. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- "'Indore sees sharp rise in Teen Pregnancy'". Times of India. Retrieved 12 October 2012.