|Member of the Assembly of Experts|
23 February 1999
|Political party||Islamic Coalition Party
Combatant Clergy Association
Until his resignation in January 2006 Qomi was the director of the Supreme Leader Khamanei's representative office in the Iranian universities. The same date he was named a member to the high council of cultural revolution and also the council of the representative office in the Iranian universities. He has also been serving as the deputy head of the Supreme Leader's office on international affairs and communications.
In late July 2013, the Mehr news agency reported that he was the only candidate for the intelligence minister at the cabinet of newly-elect president Hassan Rouhani. However, not Qomi but Mahmoud Alavi was nominated for the post on 4 August.
- "Iran News Round Up 29 July 2013". Iran News Tracker. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- Paola Rivetti (February 2012). "Student movements in the Islamic Republic: Shaping Iran's politics through the campus". In Rouzbeh Parsi. Iran: A revolutionary republic in transition (Chaillot Papers). Paris: e Institute for Security Studies (EUISS).
- "عضو جدید جامعه روحانیت مبارز معارفه شدند". Islamic Republic News Agency (in Persian). 23 August 2016. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Islamic Republic of Iran Members of Assembly of Experts". Iran Online. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- Jesse, Eric (August 2011). "Forecasting the Future of Iran" (PhD Thesis). e Pardee RAND Graduate School. Santa Monica. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Iran Assembly of Experts' election results announced". Iran Focus. 18 December 2006. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Leader Appoints New Director of Representative Office in Universities". AhlulBayt. 10 January 2006. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "What the Iranian Papers Suggest". Nasim Online. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Hassan Rouhani's New List of Ministers Unveiled". Haberler. 4 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.