This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Logo of Moixa Group
|Industry||Design, Technology and Research|
Simon Daniel, CEOChris Wright, CTO
The company has recently launched the Moixa Energy brand which produces a NiMH rechargeable battery called USBCell. The batteries include a USB connector to allow recharging using a powered USB port. The USBCell AA product, launched on September 19, 2006, has been shortlisted as a finalist for a UK Design Week Award for best consumer product design of 2006.
THE USBCell is an award-winning rechargeable battery powered by a USB connection to any applicable device. Launched in 2006 the USBCell has been sold in over 50 countries. It can charge to 90% in 5 hours and contains a 1.2V 1300mAh battery. It can also be charged in standard rechargeable NiMH chargers alongside standard rechargeable batteries.
Maslow is a building-based home energy storage solution that works with existing photovoltaic panels to reduce energy consumption and offset power consumption to off-peak times. Using batteries charged through PV panels or the grid at off-peak times, the power is then discharged at peak times to reduce costs. The unit can support both AC and DC networks.
Currently the Maslow is available in three configurations: 2 kWh, 3 kWh, and 4-6 kWh stackable units. The 2 and 3 kWh units are suitable for domestic use, while the 4-6 kWh stackable units are tailored for businesses and schools.
- DemoGod - Award 2006
- Design Awards 2007 Finalist
- UK National Energy Efficiency Award 2007 - USBCell
- Innovation in Engineering Awards 2007- Moixa
- PocketLint - Green Gadget of the Year 2007 - Winner
- PC Pro - Environmental Innovator of the year - Finalist
- Business XL - Company of the year awards - Finalist
- Pocket-Lint Best Green Gadget 2007 - Winner
- European Office Products Award Emerging Vendor of the Year 2008 – Moixa Energy
- Barclays Commercial 'Green Leaders in Business' 2008 - MoixaEnergy
- Observer Ethical Awards 2008 - Ethical Products finalist - USBCell
- Computerworld Honors Programme Energy and Environment Finalist 2008 – Moixa Energy
- iF Gold Product Design Award 2008 International Product Design - USBCell
- Rosenblatt New Energy Awards 2008 Entrepreneur of the Year - Simon Daniel
- European Office Product Awards 2008 - USBCell
- Kiwi Power
- Good Energy
- AVC Next Gen
- Murph, Darren (2007-10-06). "Rechargeable USB battery works in AA-ready devices". Engaget. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Rechargeable Battery Cells". Retrieved 2015-07-08.
- "*UK National Energy Efficiency Award".
- "Innovation in Engineering Awards".
- "PocketLint - Green Gadget of the Year 2007".
- "Pocket-Lint Best Green Gadget".
- "Barclays Commercial 'Green Leaders in Business' 2008".
- "*Observer Ethical Awards 2008".
- "Computerworld Honors Programme Energy and Environment".
- "iF Gold Product Design Award".
- "Rosenblatt New Energy Awards".
- "European Office Product Awards".
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|