This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mojave 3 in 1995. From left to right: Halstead, Goswell, McCutcheon
|Genres||Dream pop, indie rock, alternative country, folk|
|Years active||1995–2007, 2011|
|Associated acts||Slowdive, Chapterhouse, The Loose Salute, Air Cuba|
Mojave 3 were a British rock supergroup consisting of Neil Halstead, Rachel Goswell, Simon Rowe, Alan Forrester, and Ian McCutcheon. Goswell, Halstead and McCutcheon previously played in Thames Valley shoegazing band Slowdive.
The band initially existed as a trio, consisting of Halstead, Goswell, and McCutcheon. After Slowdive were dropped by Creation Records, the trio decided to change musical direction to a dream pop/country rock/folk music style, and were signed by 4AD Records. They took on the new name "Mojave,"  but upon the discovery of another band already using the name, the "3" was added (in reference to the group's three members). Rowe (formerly of Chapterhouse) and Forrester joined shortly after the release of their first album.
Both Halstead (the main songwriter for the band) and Goswell have released solo albums, also for 4AD. McCutcheon founded and is currently playing with his band called The Loose Salute who are signed to Heavenly Records and Graveface Records.
In 2006, Mojave 3 did a Take-Away Show session with Vincent Moon. Halstead said the band was on hiatus as of 2008, but were planning to release at least one more album in the future. The band returned to playing live in 2011, including gigs supporting Band of Horses . During a radio interview on Israeli radio station Kol HaCampus on 7 May 2011, Halstead said the band were working on new material, and may be recording during the summer, however, nothing materialized.
- Ask Me Tomorrow (16 October 1995) CAD 5013
- Out of Tune (5 October 1998) CAD 8018
- Excuses for Travellers (15 May 2000) CAD 2K05
- Spoon and Rafter (22 September 2003) CAD 2309
- Puzzles Like You (19 June 2006) CAD 2604
Singles & EPs
- "Who Do You Love" (29 June 1998) BAD 8011
- "Some Kinda Angel" (7 September 1998) BAD 8016
- "In Love with a View" (3 April 2000) TAD 2K03
- "Any Day Will Be Fine" (1 May 2000) BAD 2K04
- "Return to Sender" (11 September 2000) BAD 2K17
- "Breaking the Ice" (5 June 2006) BAD 2602
- "Puzzles Like You" (6 November 2006) AD 2615
- Wendy Fonarow (22 March 2011). "Ask the indie professor: Why so many bad band names?". guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- Ben. "Review: Band of Horses (Manchester)". 5 Feb 2011). Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- "Kol HaCampus radio station". Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- Official website
- Mojave 3 Gigography
- Mojave 3 at musicOMH.com
- Mojave 3 at AllMusic
- Mojave 3 at the Internet Archive's live music archive
- Review of Puzzles Like You at Subculture Magazine
|This article on a United Kingdom rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|