Born in Hamburg, Erdmann sang in the children's chorus of the Hamburg State Opera together with her brother. As a teenager she began studying singing seriously with soprano Evelyn Herlitzius before entering the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln where she was a pupil of Hans Sotin and studied with soprano Ingrid Figur. In 2002 she won first prize and the Special Prize for Contemporary Music at the Bundeswettbewerb Gesang Berlin (Federal Singing Competition), and in August 2005 she was awarded the Luitpold Prize at the Kissinger Sommer festival and the Norddeutscher Rundfunk Music Prize at the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival. She sang Sempronia in the premiere of the critical edition of Jacques Offenbach's Apothicaire et perruquier at the Kurtheater Bad Ems on 1 June 2007, with the WDR Rundfunkorchester Köln under Helmut Froschauer.[not in citation given]
In July 2010, she created the role of Ariadne in the world premiere of Wolfgang Rihm's Dionysos at the Salzburg Festival, a role she is scheduled to repeat at the Berlin State Opera in 2012.[needs update] In January 2011, she gave a lauded portrayal of Despina in Mozart's Così fan tutte at the Festspielhaus Baden-Baden. In October 2011, she made her debut at the Metropolitan Opera as Zerlina in the company's new staging of Mozart's Don Giovanni.
On 14 February 2013, Erdmann attempted to represent Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with Die Priester singing a revised version of Ave Maris Stella. She finished 10th place in the national final.
- Louise T. Guinther (October 2011). "Sound Bites: Mojca Erdmann". Opera News 76 (4).
- "Mojca Erdmann – Biography". Deutsche Grammophon.
- Performance search, Boosey & Hawkes web site. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Anthony Tommasini. "A Nietzschean Plunge Into Sensual Labyrinths". The New York Times.
- "Mojca Erdmann". Operabase.
- "Die neue Bescheidenheit oder: Was bleibt von 2010/2011?: Wichtige Sängerinnen und Sänger". Opernwelt. October 4, 2011.
- Ronald Blum, Associated Press (October 14, 2011). "Review: One dull Don Giovanni replaces another". The Washington Times.
- "Die Showtreppe in Richtung Malmö". eurovision.de (Norddeutscher Rundfunk). Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Göran Forsling. "A treasure trove from more than one point of view". MusicWeb International.