Mok Ying Ren
6 July 1988 |
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (130 lb)|
|Coached by||Self Coached|
|Achievements and titles|
Mok Ying Ren (born 6 July 1988) is a triathlete and long-distance runner from Singapore. His best performances include a SEA Games gold medal in 2007 in the triathlon event, as well as a gold medal in the marathon event in 2013. He also came in 12th in the Asian Beach Games in 2008.
Mok is a 7-time Singapore Marathon Local Champion, capturing every title from 2009 to 2016 with the exception of a 3rd-place finish in 2012. Mok first won the 2009 Singapore Marathon with a time of 2:43:42 on his debut marathon. At the 2010 Singapore Marathon, his second marathon, he broke his own course record for the local category with a time of 2:38:27. Mok once again won the 2011 Singapore Marathon Local Category with a time of 2:46:01 despite battling a bad case of plantar fasciitis.
Mok ran a new Singaporean men's 5000 m national record of 14:51:09 at the Tokai University Time Trials in Japan in May 2011. He is currently the Singapore national record holder in both the 5000 metre and half marathon events.
Residing in Singapore, Mok graduated from the National University Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine in May 2012 and is working as a medical officer in Singapore's network of government hospitals.
- Triathlon at the 2007 Southeast Asian Games
- Triathlon at the 2008 Asian Beach Games
- Tan, Les (2011-12-04). Mok Ying Ren returns from injury to finish as fastest S’porean marathoner for 3rd straight year. Red Sports. Retrieved on 2014-10-03.
- Tung,Colin (2011-06-05). Mok Ying Ren wins Christchurch Marathon in personal best of 2 hours 26 minutes 34 seconds. Red Sports. Retrieved on 2014-10-03.
- Mok, Ying Ren (2012-12-06). Mok Ying Ren: “I did not want to quit because quitting once gives you permission to quit again”. Red Sports. Retrieved on 2014-10-03.
- Brett Larner (2011-05-28). "Mok Ying Ren Runs Singaporean Men's 5000 m NR at Tokai University Time Trials". www.japanrunningnews.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-05-30.
- What does a House Officer (HO) do?. Mok Ying Ren (2013-02-11). Retrieved on 2014-10-03.