|Born||citation needed]2 January 1961 [|
|Net worth||US$420 million (2014)|
Siti Hasmah Mohamad Ali
Tan Sri Dato' Mokhzani bin Mahathir (born 2 January 1961) is a Malaysian businessman who has been listed as the 14th richest person in Malaysia. He worked as a petroleum engineer before founding oil-equipment fabricator Kencana Petroleum. Kencana Petroleum later merged with SapuraCrest to form SapuraKencana Petroleum. The company is now known as Sapura Energy.
Like his younger brother Mukhriz, Mokhzani is a businessman and had played an active role in United Malays National Organisation (UMNO), and at one time serving as the Youth's Wing treasurer. As of 2006, Mokhzani was an UMNO delegate of one of the constituencies in Kedah, but has since lain dormant in his political activities. In May 2008, he followed his father's footsteps to quit UMNO, after 22 years as a member of the Sungai Layar Hujung branch of UMNO.
In June 2019, Mokhzani resigned from all positions in Opcom Group due to "personal reasons".
Mokhzani has been listed as the 14th richest person in Malaysia by Forbes Asia with an estimated net worth of US$685 million in 2012. Mokhzani was also the chairman of the Sepang International Circuit.
- Kedah :
- "Profile Mokhzani Mahathir". Forbes.
- Can Mahathir Run Malaysia Minus His "Alter Ego"?
- Mahathir's Son Leaves Corporate World
- Mahathir loses bid Archived 15 March 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Mokhzani quits Umno (Update 2) Archived 23 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Mokhzani ends 22-year ties with Umno Archived 24 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Mokhzani also stepped down from all positions in Opcom group". The Edge Markets. 3 June 2019. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- Puan Sri Mastisa Mohamed
- Mokhzani Mahathir on Forbes
- "The 40 Richest Malaysians". Forbes.com. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Mokhzani tastes victory
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia).