From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Mole rat)
Mole-rat or mole rat refers to several groups of burrowing Old World rodents:
- Bathyergidae, a family of about 20 hystricognath species in six genera from Africa called blesmols, including:
- Heterocephalus glaber, the naked mole-rat;
- Spalacidae, a family of about 30 muroid species in six genera from Eurasia and northeast Africa, including:
- Tachyoryctes, a genus of about 15 species from Africa;
- Blind mole rats (Spalacinae), a subfamily of about 15 living species in the genus Spalax from southeastern Europe, southwestern Asia, and northeastern Africa;
- Zokors (Myospalacinae), occasionally called mole-rats, about eight species from central and eastern Asia.
- In the family Muridae:
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.