Molly (Tyga song)
|Promotional single by Tyga featuring Cedric Gervais, Wiz Khalifa and Mally Mall from the album Hotel California|
|Released||March 29, 2013|
|Genre||Hip hop, trap|
|Writer(s)||Michael Stevenson, Cameron Thomaz, Jamal "Mally Mall" Rashid, Jess Jackson, Desmond Mapp, Cedric Depasquale, Carlos Cid|
Mally Mall (add.)
|Hotel California track listing|
"Molly" is a song by American recording artist Tyga, released March 29, 2013 as the first promotional single for his third studio album, Hotel California. The song has peaked at #66 on the Billboard Hot 100. It heavily samples Cedric Gervais's 2012 single of the same name.
On March 21, 2013 Tyga shot the music video for "Molly" with Wiz Khalifa and Mally Mall. It was shot in downtown Los Angeles and was directed by Colin Tilley. He described the video as "I, Robot meets Alice in Wonderland". On April 7, 2013, the music video was released.
|1.||"Molly" (featuring Wiz Khalifa, Mally Mall & Cedric Gervais)||3:38|
The song has peaked at #66 on the Billboard Hot 100, and song has spent 11 weeks on the chart.
|US Billboard Hot 100||66|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||22|
|US Rap Songs (Billboard)||16|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||76|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Vena, Jocelyn (2013-03-21). "Tyga Gathers Wiz Khalifa, Mally Mall For 'Crazy' 'Molly' Video". MTV.com. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "Video: Tyga f/ Wiz Khalifa & Mally Mall – 'Molly'". Rap-Up. Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- "Molly (feat. Wiz Khalifa, Mally Mall & Cedric Gervais) - Single by Tyga". Itunes.apple.com. 2013-03-29.
- "2013 Year End Charts — R&B/Hip-Hop Songs". Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "American single certifications – Tyga – Molly". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH