|Member of the Kansas Senate|
from the 37th district
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Pat Apple|
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Brian Baumgardner|
She served 18 years as a countywide elected member of the Johnson County Community College board of trustees.
Baumgardner served as Miami County’s 'Brownback for Governor' Chair in 2010.
The Senate District 37 seat had been held by Pat Apple from 2013 to 2014. Apple resigned in April 2014 to join the Kansas Corporation Commission, a state agency. Apple was nominated by Gov. Sam Brownback in March 2014 for the post, and confirmed by a Senate vote in April 2014.
Baumgardner was elected by precinct committee leaders in northern Miami and southern Johnson counties to fill the seat vacated by Apple through the end of the 2014 legislative session.
Baumgardner defeated Kevin King in the 2016 general election on November 4.
- Baumgardner's Kansas Senate page
- email@example.com, Allysha Newton. "Molly Baumgardner elected to Kansas Senate". The Miami County Republic. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- New KCC commissioner: Only agenda is to serve Kansas, Capital Journal, April 11, 2014. Retrieved November 3, 2019.
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 Primary (official)," retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2014 Primary Results, Kansas Secretary of State. Retrieved November 3, 2019.
- "Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Kansas General Election Results,"" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-11-03.