|Genres||Indie pop, indie rock|
Molly Burch is an Austin-based singer-songwriter whose music reflects heartbreak and loss. She is the lead vocalist and writer, backed by four musicians, and she and her band have toured with Sallie Ford. Burch studied jazz vocal performance in college and gravitated towards vocalists such as Nina Simone and Billie Holiday. A reviewer described her music as an "intoxicating ode to an unrequited love" as from a "smoky club chanteuse". Her vocal style has been compared to that of Angel Olsen. She recorded the albums Please Be Mine (Captured Tracks, 2017) and First Flower (Captured Tracks, 2018).
- LIBBY WEBSTER (February 17, 2017). "Molly Burch Mixes Heartbroken Narratives and Fifties Pop: Austin newcomer's debut, Please Be Mine, is a quiet triumph". Austin Chronicle. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
...Molly Burch reminisces about her move from North Carolina to Texas in 2013, ... A breakup in Asheville ..carry a velveteen husk from Patsy Cline, Roy Orbison's warble, and the dreamy wistfulness of Françoise Hardy. flesh out warm, gentle, vintage sounds. Pure, simple need takes care of the rest. ... Growing up in Los Angeles...
- BRYAN C. PARKER (February 12, 2017). "MUSICIAN PROFILE: MOLLY BURCH: SONGWRITER FLOURISHES THROUGH HEARTACHE ON DEBUT ALBUM, "PLEASE BE MINE"". Austin Monthly. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
...Burch confronts universal feelings of love and longing on her new album, Please Be Mine, ...
- Andrew Sacher (February 3, 2017). "Sallie Ford and Molly Burch streaming new songs, touring together". Brooklyn Vegan. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- Joel Oliphint (March 22, 2017). "Concert preview: Molly Burch at Sick Weekend 2". Columbus Alive. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
...At UNC Asheville, Burch studied jazz vocal performance, gravitating toward singers like Billie Holiday and Nina Simone, ...lease Be Mine sounds as if it could have been recorded late at night in a dusty club at any point in the last 40 years. Part of that vintage sound comes from Burch's slightly smoky, timeless voice (think Angel Olsen with a little Patsy Cline), and part of it comes from recording the album's 10 tracks live.
- Staff editors (January 24, 2017). "Molly Burch - "Try" (Singles Going Steady)". Pop Matters. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
...Molly Burch is plainly torn by her unanswered feelings as she breathlessly wears her pain quite openly on lines like “I wish you would try”. ...CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Caitlin White (January 9, 2017). "Premiere: Tenderhearted Texas Singer Molly Burch Wants You To 'Try' Some Shimmering Psych-Country". UPROXX. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
...following in the footsteps of country greats like Patsy Cline, with her lackadaisical drawl, ...