|Alma mater||Princeton University|
|Known for||Last Man Standing|
Paranormal Activity 2
Molly Ephraim (born May 22, 1986) is an American actress who has appeared in films, television, and Broadway, Off-Broadway, and regional theater productions. She is known for her role as Mandy Baxter in the ABC sitcom Last Man Standing during its original run (2011–2017). Ephraim has also appeared in a number of other TV series including Brockmire (2017), Halt and Catch Fire (2017), and Casual (2018). Most recently, Ephraim portrayed Irene Kelly in The Front Runner (2018), her second collaboration with Last Man Standing co-star Kaitlyn Dever. She is currently appearing in HBO's Perry Mason as Della Street’s lover Hazel Prystock.
Ephraim was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and was raised Jewish. She grew up in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Ephraim performed in shows at the Bucks County Playhouse as a child, and in professional productions at the Prince Music Theater and at the Arden Theatre Company in Philadelphia as a teenager.
In 2008, Ephraim graduated from Princeton University with a B.A. in Religious Studies. After going to Central Bucks East. At Princeton she was a member of the Triangle Club and performed in and choreographed various shows for Princeton University Players and Theatre Intime.
Ephraim made her Broadway debut as Little Red Riding Hood in the Broadway revival of Into the Woods in 2002, receiving a Drama League Award nomination. She later played Bielke in a Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof (2004). Off-Broadway, Ephraim played Rachel Stein in End Days at the Ensemble Studio Theatre in 2009. She played Olive in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Barrington Stage Company in 2008, in a remounting of the production with new direction by Jeremy Dobrish, and at the North Shore Music Theatre. In 2010, she played Anne Frank in The Diary of Anne Frank at the Westport Country Playhouse.
Film and television
Ephraim appeared as a series regular in the role of Mandy Baxter, daughter of series' lead Mike Baxter (portrayed by Tim Allen), on the ABC sitcom Last Man Standing, which premiered on October 11, 2011 and originally ended in March 2017, canceled after six seasons. The series was revived by Fox in May 2018, but Ephraim opted not to return for the show's seventh season, with Molly McCook recast in the role.
Ephraim has appeared in other television series including Royal Pains (2009), Law & Order (2008), the Michael J. Fox-produced pilot Hench at Home (2003), the HBO pilot The Wonderful Maladys (2009), and has had recurring roles on Brockmire (2017), Halt and Catch Fire (2017), Casual (2018) and Perry Mason (2020).
Ephraim portrayed Wendy Greenhut in the film College Road Trip (2008) and Ali Rey in the film Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) and the spin-off film Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014). Ephraim appeared in a supporting role in the 2018 biographical political drama The Front Runner, portraying Irene Kelly. She also played Gypsy Rose Blanchard's attorney in The Act on Hulu.
|2003||Hench at Home||Ally Hench||Unsold ABC pilot|
|2008||Law & Order||Anne-Marie Liscomb||Episode: "Tango"|
|2009||Royal Pains||Beth Samuels||Episode: "It's Like Jamais Vu All Over Again"|
|2010||The Wonderful Maladys||Emo Girl||Unsold HBO pilot|
|2011–2017||Last Man Standing||Mandy Baxter||Main role, 130 episodes|
|2017||Brockmire||Bartender||Recurring role, 5 episodes|
|2017||Halt and Catch Fire||Alexa Vonn||Recurring role (season 4), 5 episodes|
|2019||The Act||Kate (Gypsy's lawyer)||Episode: "Free"|
|2019||Modern Family||Libby||Episode: "Snapped"|
|2020||Perry Mason||Hazel Prystock||Episode: “Chapters 4-8”|
|2021||Pretty Smart||Margot||Episode: “Did you hear?! Chelsea ran into Margot!”|
- "Molly Ephraim Biography". Tvguide.com. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- Steinberg, Lisa. "Molly Ephraim – Bad Jews" starrymag, June 9, 2015
- "Rising star, Questions and answers with actress Molly Ephraim ’08" princeton.edu, March 5, 2008
- "Molly Ephraim as Mandy Baxter on Last Man Standing". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved November 9, 2020.
- "Funk, Doyle, Trimm, Hoty, Ephraim and Schwencke Join Roundabout's 'BYE BYE BIRDIE'". Baltimore.broadwayworld.com. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "Ensemble Studio's END DAYS Makes Off Broadway Premiere 3/25". Broadwayworld.com. March 5, 2009. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Gates, Anita. "Review. In the Attic With Anne Frank" The New York Times, October 8, 2010
- Riefe, Jordan (June 18, 2015). "'Bad Jews': Theater Review". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Ephraim Biography" tcm.com, retrieved August 24, 2018
- Ausiello, Michael (July 2, 2018). "Last Man Standing Shake-Up: 2 Major Roles Being Recast Ahead of Season 7 (EXCLUSIVE)". TVLine.
- College Road Trip tcm.com, retrieved August 24, 2018
- Paranormal Activity 2 tcm.com, retrieved August 24, 2018
- Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones tcm.com, retrieved August 24, 2018