This article may contain excessive or inappropriate references to self-published sources. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||March 31, 1984|
|Education||University of Connecticut, Quinnipiac University|
Jalen Rose (m. 2018)
Molly Qerim Rose (born March 31, 1984) is an American sports anchor and moderator for ESPN's First Take. Qerim previously was the host of NFL Network's weekday morning show, NFL AM, and NFL Fantasy Live.
Qerim was born in New Haven, Connecticut, and graduated from the University of Connecticut with a Bachelor of Arts in communications and a minor in business administration. She received a master's degree from Quinnipiac University in broadcast journalism. Qerim is half Albanian and half Italian.
Qerim was an anchor and reporter for CBS Sports Network, where she covered college football, National Signing Day, the NCAA Tournament and the U.S. Open. She was also a studio anchor, where she hosted SEC Tailgate Show, SEC Tonight, MaxPreps Lemming Report, Full Court Press, and Bracket Breakdown.
Qerim has covered the UFC in her time with ESPN, Versus (now NBCSN) and FS1. In addition to her work outside the Octagon, she has co-hosted the annual World MMA Awards several times.
In 2008, Qerim was the interactive host for College Football Live on ESPN and ESPN2. She was also the breaking news reporter for Fantasy Football Now on ESPN2 and was honored with an Emmy for her contribution to the show. Additionally, she co-hosted Campus Connection on ESPNU.
Qerim has been a part of other digital media content, conducting interviews of various athletes and celebrities for ESPN.com and ESPN Mobile. She has covered multiple Super Bowls (hosting, reporting, and red carpet events), the Heisman Trophy presentation, the NBA Draft, the NBA All-Star Game and the MLB All-Star game, providing on-site reporting and interviews. Qerim became the interim host of ESPN2's First Take in mid-July 2015. She replaced Cari Champion, who was promoted to ESPN's flagship show, SportsCenter. She was promoted to permanent host of First Take on September 15, 2015.
- "Qerim". Twitter.[non-primary source needed]
- "Happy Birthday, Molly! (March 31, 2016)". ESPN.
Qerim revealed it was her 32nd Birthday on ESPN's Mike & Mike on March 31, 2016.[non-primary source needed]
- "Molly Qerim Rose will serve as host of 'First Take". Retrieved June 25, 2015.
- "Molly Qerim Rose Returns to ESPN July 1". espnmediazone.com. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- Molly Qerim [@MollyQerim] (11 June 2015). "THANK YOU to everyone @NFLNetwork! So thankful to have worked with so many amazing people and made so many great friendships" (Tweet) – via Twitter.[non-primary source needed]
- "Molly Qerim: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". heavy.com. Retrieved August 7, 2014.
- "NFL Network Profile". nfl.com.
- "Chat with Molly Qerim". espn.com.
- "Molly Qerim, Host, ESPN".
- Thorbeke, Catherine. "ESPN sports anchor Molly Qerim opens up about endometriosis to help others 'feel like they're not alone'". abcnews.go.com. ABC. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- Sulonen, Dana (July 20, 2018). "Former Michigan basketball player Jalen Rose marries Molly Qerim". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved July 21, 2018.