Molton Brown products
Molton Brown was founded as a hair salon in 1973 by Caroline Burstein and has since become one of the UK's leading upmarket personal care firms. Molton Brown’s products are sold within its own network of retail stores and department stores worldwide.
It was founded as a hair salon in 1973. In the 1990s Molton Brown launched a hotel, travel and leisure division which supplies hotels with skin and beauty products.
Japanese cosmetics firm KAO acquired Molton Brown for £170m in 2005 as part of an international strategy to expand its portfolio of upmarket brands. Kao retains Molton Brown as a stand-alone brand within its prestige cosmetics division.
Each product is still blended in England.
Awards & recognition
In February 2013 Molton Brown was awarded the BUAV Leaping Bunny stamp of approval by Cruelty Free International certifying all of the brand’s products to be free from animal tests under the international Humane Standards.
- "Japan's Kao eyes up Molton Brown".
- "Molton Brown History".
- "Caroline Burstein". showstudio.com. SHOWstudio. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Battle Of The Soaps".
- "Japanese Seal £170m Molton Deal".
- Brown, Molton. "About Us". www.moltonbrown.com. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Molton Brown Certified By Cruelty Free International And Awarded The Leaping Bunny".
- "Royal Warrant Search".