Momentive Specialty Chemicals
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Predecessor||Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Borden Chemical|
Hexion Inc. (Hexion), previously Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc., is a chemical company based in Columbus, Ohio.
Hexion is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries. As a global manufacturer operating approximately 60 industrial facilities around the world, Hexion supplies customers through its Epoxy, Phenolic and Coating Resins Division, and its Forest Products Division.
Hexion at a Glance
- Hexion operates approximately 60 production and manufacturing facilities
- Approximately 4,300 employees
- World headquarters: Columbus, Ohio
Hexion is organized into two divisions: the Epoxy, Phenolic and Coating Resins Division, and the Forest Products Division.
- Hexion’s Epoxy, Phenolic and Coating Resins Division: The Epoxy, Phenolic and Coating Resins Division of Hexion is a leading global producer of epoxy specialty resins, modifiers and curing agents serving the automotive, oilfield, electronics, architectural and industrial coatings, wind energy, paint, packaging, power generation and distribution, aerospace, rail, marine and construction industries. The wide range of products and expertise that began in 1907 with Bakelite® Engineering Thermoset resins now encompasses global operations that produce high performance phenolic, epoxy and unsaturated polyester resin technologies.
- Hexion’s Forest Products Division: The Forest Products Division of Hexion is the global leader in supplying resins, adhesives, wax emulsions and ancillary products to the forest products industry. Customers use these materials to manufacture a wide range of composite and engineered wood products including plywood, particleboard, oriented strandboard, medium density fiberboard, structural beams, furniture, moldings and millwork.
Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. announced that it will change its name to Hexion Inc., effective January 15, 2015.
Previously, Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC was formed in October 2010 through the combination of the parent holding companies of Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc.
Hexion was formed in 2005 through the merger of Borden Chemicals, Resolution Performance Products, and Resolution Specialty Materials, and the acquisition of Bakelite AG.
- "Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. to be Renamed Hexion Inc. in Early 2015 | Business Wire". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- "Momentive and Hexion announce merger - Materials Today". Retrieved 2016-09-29.
|This chemical corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|