Moments (Ayumi Hamasaki song)
|Single by Ayumi Hamasaki|
|from the album My Story|
|Released||March 31, 2004|
|Format||JPN CD Single
United States Digital Single 
|Songwriter(s)||Ayumi Hamasaki (lyrics)
Tetsuya Yukumi (music)
|Ayumi Hamasaki singles chronology|
"Moments" is the thirty-second single released by Ayumi Hamasaki and her nineteenth number-one single. It came out March 31, 2004. "Moments" was the first single in 2004 released by Hamasaki. The single debuted at the number one spot for the daily, weekly and monthly Japanese charts and went on to sell over 310,000 copies throughout its release. "Moments" was also featured on the album My Story, which came out in December that same year.
There were two versions, a CD only, and a CD+DVD version. Moments was Ayumi's first single to be released in two versions, all of her singles since have been released like this.
The music video was first aired MTV Japan on March 27, 2004 and the video was directed by Tetsuo Inoue.
It features Ayumi dreaming that she wakes up in the night and then opens a door and sees serveal kids in a dreamy flower room and she then starts smiling, but then the scene changes where she is in a dark room what is filled with fluf and her face is painted in a dark snake style. Ayumi then closes the door of the flower room and she walks away and then ends with her looking at the camera. There were also in-ter cut scenes of Ayumi in living room.
- "Moments" – 5:31
- "Moments" (acoustic piano version) - 5:33
- "Moments" (Flying Humanoid mix) - 6:45
- "Moments" (instrumental) – 5:31
DVD track listing
- "Moments" (PV)
- March 6, 2004 – Ayu Ready?
- March 26, 2004 – AX Music
- March 27, 2004 – CDTV
- April 2, 2004 – PopJam
- April 5, 2004 – Hey! Hey! Hey!
- April 9, 2004 – Music Station ("Moments ~acoustic version~")
- May 22, 2004 – MTV Super Dry Live
- December 1, 2004 – FNS Music Festival
- December 31, 2004 – Kouhaku Uta Gassen
- Oricon Sales Chart (Japan)
|Release||Chart||Peak position||First Week Sales||Sales total||Chart run|
|31 March 2004||Oricon Daily Singles Chart||1|
|Oricon Weekly Singles Chart||1||157,320||303,000||21|
|Oricon Yearly Singles Chart||19|
- Total Sales : 303,000 (Japan)
- Total Sales : 310,000 (Avex)
- RIAJ certification: Platinum
Use in other media
- "Moments" was used as the opening song for the Fullmetal Alchemist Chinese doujin game, Bluebird's Illusion, which was developed by Neoland OceanX.
- "iTunes - Music - 浜崎あゆみ". Phobos.apple.com. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "Full Metal Alchemist BlueBird's Illusion Opening". YouTube. 2006-06-05. Retrieved 2012-03-02.