Type of site
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Russian, Dutch, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Romanian, Ukrainian and Chinese|
|Owner||The Priceline Group|
|Key people||Pia Vemmelund, CEO
Tore Pein Jensen, CMO
Momondo (stylised momondo) is a travel fare aggregator and travel fare metasearch engine. Momondo also operates a travel information blog, Inspiration. The website is part of the Kayak.com subsidiary of The Priceline Group.
Momondo was developed in Denmark and launched in September 2006.
In January 2014, Momondo launched "momondo places", a free city guide with maps.
In July 2014, Momondo launched its "Trip Finder" tool.
In June 2015, momondo launched its "Travel Saver Calendar" tool.
In 2016, Momondo launched an ad campaign called "The DNA Journey" in partnership with Ancestry.com. Momondo invited 67 participants from around the world to take a DNA test to find out more about their ancestry. The results were revealed on camera in a group setting, with the video uploaded to YouTube.
- "Travel Launch: iPad app momondo places Matches Mood to Destination" (Press release). PR Newswire. 16 January 2014.
- Wauters, Robin (29 March 2011). "Cheapflights invests in travel meta-search site Momondo". TechCrunch.
- Fox, Linda (12 November 2012). "Momondo name to carry Cheapflights into non-English speaking territories - Tnooz". Tnooz.
- "Momondo Launches Trip Finder to Inspire Curious Travelers with New Adventures" (Press release). Business Wire. 24 July 2014.
- "Great Hill Partners Acquires a Majority Stake in Momondo" (Press release). Great Hill Partners. 17 October 2014.
- "momondo Launches Travel Saver Calendar to Help Travelers Find Best Deals on Flights and Hotels for Top International Destinations" (Press release). Business Wire. 16 June 2015.
- "Ryanair and Momondo fall out over links to fare screenscapers". Tnooz. 23 November 2016.
- "The Priceline Group Completes the Acquisition of Momondo Group" (Press release). PR Newswire. 24 July 2017.
- momondo – The DNA Journey. 1 June 2016.
- Jardine, Kayla (14 June 2016). "Momondo's new video 'The DNA Journey' has a beautiful message about diversity". The Today Show.
- "Best Travel Websites". Travel + Leisure. 1 October 2010.
- Bramblett, Reid. "The 10 Best (and Worst) Airfare Search Sites". Frommer's.
- Hayhurst, Lee (12 December 2014). "The Travolution Awards 2014 – more reaction and video image montage". Travolution Awards.
- "Travolution Awards: Winners revealed!". Travolution Awards. 1 December 2015.
- Adams, R.L. (29 March 2016). "Top Travel Websites For Planning Your Next Adventure". Forbes.
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie (13 November 2014). "Tips for Last-Minute Holiday Travel". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331.