||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Momversation is a website and online video series produced by DECA, the Digital Entertainment Corporation of America. The show, which officially launched on November 12, 2008, consists of mom bloggers discussing issues pertinent to women and parenting. Momversation's website contains videos, forums, and a blog.
Momversation videos are discussions among a rotating cast of moms and dads who blog. Past topics have included circumcision, breastfeeding, and homeschooling, and the show occasionally brings on guests, such as Lisa Belkin of the New York Times and Nancy O'Dell of Access Hollywood. Regular contributors to the Momversation show include Heather Armstrong of the website Dooce, Alice Bradley, Daphne Brogdon, Asha Dornfest, Jessica Gottlieb, Giyen Kim, Dana Loesch, Maggie Mason, Mindy Roberts, Heather Spohr, Karen Walrond, and Rebecca Woolf.
Every Monday and Thursday new videos are posted with a topic pertaining to moms. Three or four of the panelists talk about the topic and then it is discussed more in the comments.
Some of the Momversation panelists were guests on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Shields, Mike (May 17, 2012). "Deca Builds Out Premium Network for Moms". AdWeek. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Edelman, Adam (August 17, 2009). "Gillibrand Has 'Momversation' About Health Care Reform". NY Daily News. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "Gillibrand: A Little More Momversation". Rochester First. August 17, 2009. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Denham, Janice (January 1, 1970). "Mom blogger wins cyber award as 'fresh voice'". stltoday.com. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "DECA Launches Web Property Momversation". Reuters.[dead link]
- CNN Video: Kids and the Economy
- NY Times Motherlode: What's Harder, Marriage or Parenting?
- PBS.org POV: Mommy Talk. Mommy Listen?