Mona Shourie Kapoor
|Born||3 February 1964|
New Delhi, India
|Died||25 March 2012 (aged 48)|
(m. 1983; div. 1996)
|Children||2, including Arjun Kapoor|
Mona Kapoor (3 February 1964 – 25 March 2012) was an Indian television producer, Film Producer, entrepreneur, the daughter of Sattee Shourie and the first wife of Bollywood film producer, Boney Kapoor. She has a son, Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor and daughter Anshula Kapoor.
Early & personal life
Shourie was born in New Delhi on 3 February 1964. She was married to Boney Kapoor from 1983 to 1996 and had two children, son Arjun Kapoor and daughter Anshula Kapoor. Arjun is an actor who made his acting debut with the 2012 film, Ishaqzaade. Anshula, after graduating from École Mondiale World School went to the Barnard College of Columbia University in New York and was working with Google India.
After splitting from Boney Kapoor in 1996, Mona continued to live with her in-laws. She lived there with her two children until her death on 25 March 2012.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2021)
Mona Kapoor was the CEO of Future Studios, an indoor shooting studio in Mumbai. Mona had a multi-faceted career; she successfully handled the manpower for 'Business Aids' & 'Machine Exports', in which she was a partner. As a director of FCL, she was the production co-ordinator for the films Sheesha and Farishtey. She also served as a Jury Member of the Indian Telly Awards in 2005.
She produced successful television shows like Hera Pheri (on Star Plus featuring Shekhar Suman, Reema Lagoo and Tanaaz Curim), Yug (on Doordarshan), Wilayatee Babu (on Doordarshan) and Kaise Kahoon (TV).
Mona Kapoor was the receiver of few accolades.
Mona Kapoor had worked in 2 films 5 television shows and she was a Businesswoman.
She had also worked with Sattee Shourie and Archana Shourie.
She produced television shows. She had also co-ordinated in producing the TV Shows including Kaise Kahoon and Yug . She had produced TV shows like Hera Pheri, Yug and Vilayatee Babu . Her shows were also shown on Star plus.
She was supported by her daughter Anshula Kapoor and her son Arjun Kapoor. Kapoor has also production coordinated (Show setup ) many television shows in 1980s. In her son's various films including Salaam-E-Ishq (2005), Wanted (2009) and Virus Diwan(2011), she worked as an Associate Director.She was also supported by her relatives Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor.
- "Dad's second marriage tough on us as kids: Arjun Kapoor". The Times of India. 22 April 2012. Archived from the original on 26 June 2013. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Rare pic of Boney Kapoor with ex-wife Mona Kapoor and son Arjun takes over the internet". Zee News. 19 April 2020. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "Before marrying Sridevi, Boney Kapoor was married to Mona Shourie, a successful businesswoman - OrissaPOST". OrissaPost. 25 March 2020. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 July 2010. Retrieved 14 June 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Mona Kapoor dies at 47". Mumbai Mirror. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Boney Kapoor's former wife Mona passes away". Zeenews.india.com. 31 March 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2013.