(Redirected from Monad (symbol))
|Look up monad in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Monad may refer to:
- Monad (philosophy), a term meaning "unit" used by philosophers to signify a variety of entities from a genus to God
- Monism, the concept of "one essence" in the metaphysical and theological theory
- Monad (Gnosticism), the most primal aspect of God in Gnosticism
- Monadology, a book of philosophy by Gottfried Leibniz in which monads are a basic unit of perceptual reality
- Monadologia Physica by Immanuel Kant
- The Cup or Monad, a text in the Corpus Hermetica
- Great Monad, an older name for the Taijitu symbol
Mathematics and computer science
- Monad (category theory), a construction in category theory
- Monad (functional programming), functional programming constructs that capture various notions of computation
- Monad (linear algebra), a 3-term complex
- Monad (non-standard analysis), the set of points infinitesimally close to a given point
- Monad (music), a single note, in contradistinction to a dyad, triad, tetrad, etc.
- Monad, a historical term for a simple unicellular organism
Proper names and popular culture
- John Monad, title character of the television series John from Cincinnati
- Monad, a code name for the Windows PowerShell command line interface for Microsoft Windows
- Monad/Monado, a sword In the videogame Xenoblade Chronicles that allows the user to foresee the future
- Monad Proxy, a character in the anime series Ergo Proxy
- Monads, megastructures in the novel The World Inside by Robert Silverberg
- "Monad's Anthem", the last track of Cat Stevens' 1975 album Numbers
- All pages beginning with "Monad", for titles starting "Monad" or "Monadic"
- All pages with a title containing Monad
- Monadic (disambiguation)
- Monas Hieroglyphica, or the "Hieroglyphic Monad", a symbol designed by John Dee
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Monad.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.