Monash Children's Hospital
Monash Children’s Hospital is a network of Victorian paediatric healthcare services across Monash Medical Centre (Clayton), Dandenong Hospital and Casey Hospital. It’s one of Australia’s leading providers of integrated children’s health services, with more than 30 specialist services and programs and caring for more than 100,000 children every year. Monash Children’s Hospital is part of Monash Health, Victoria’s largest healthcare service and one of only four accredited Academic Health Science Centres in Australia.
The hospital includes Victoria’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and provides leading paediatric services in Rehabilitation, Oncology, Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, and Palliative Care.
It is also the Victorian Referral Centre for many low-volume and high-complex cases. Its services are linked to an adult service, allowing the hospital to provide transition-of-care as children grow older and move to an adult service.
- Clayton: 230
- Casey: 38
- Dandenong: 24
For more information visit www.monashchildrenshospital.org
New Monash Children's Hospital
The New Monash Children's Hospital was officially opened on 2 April 2017 and will start to admit patients on 19 April 2017. The New Monash Children’s Hospital service profile will include:
- 96 In-patient acute beds
- 10 Paediatric Intensive care beds
- 64 Monash Newborn cots
- 20 Early in Life Mental Health Service beds
- 8 Neuro Developmental Psychiatry beds
- 20 Same-day beds
- 12 Oncology same-day beds – 12
- 3 Operating theatres – plus a dedicated Endoscopy Suite
- Sleep and Neurodiagnostic studies beds
- Imaging Modalities – 3 modalities (MRI, Ultrasound and X-Ray)
- Outpatient consulting rooms and Allied Health Therapy spaces
- Dedicated Central Sterilising Services Department (CSSD)
- Shell space for Starlight Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, Kidsafe, Hoyts, Radio Lollipop, and Healesville Sanctuary
- "About Monash Children's Hospital - Monash Children's Hospital". Monash Children's Hospital. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Monash Childrens Hospital Fast Facts 15-16" (PDF). Monash Children's Hospital. Retrieved 4 April 2017.