Monday Morning (Fleetwood Mac song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Single by Fleetwood Mac|
|from the album Fleetwood Mac|
|A-side||"Say You Love Me"|
|Producer(s)||Fleetwood Mac, Keith Olsen|
"Monday Morning" is a 1975 song written and sung by Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. It is the first track off the multi-platinum selling album Fleetwood Mac. It was later included on the 2002 compilation album, The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac.
Like "Rhiannon" and I'm So Afraid, "Monday Morning" was intended for the second Buckingham Nicks LP, but they were instead used for Fleetwood Mac's 1975 eponymous release. During live performances from 1975-1978, Buckingham performed an intro that would later become the melody of "Tusk". The song was performed on all tours until the Tango In The Night tour in 1987. It reappeared on the Unleashed Tour in 2009.
- Mick Fleetwood – drums
- John McVie – bass guitar
- Christine McVie – keyboards
- Lindsey Buckingham – acoustic guitars, electric guitars, lead and backing vocals
- Stevie Nicks – backing vocals
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine. "Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Fleetwood, Mick; Bozza, Anthony (October 2014). Play On: Now, Then & Fleetwood Mac. 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, 10104: Little, Brown And Company. pp. 164, 169. ISBN 978-0-316-40342-9.